A 4-hours session (high intensity)
An example of an advanced daily training session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (4 hours, individual, including some special / specific tools and exercises):
- 10 minutes of body extreme tension and immediate relaxation (controlling the flow of Qi, read The use of Qi in the 6DKF’s meaning and )
- 30 minutes of high-speed fighting against a speedball hanging on an elastic rope on another (small space, real obstacles, read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball)
- 10 minutes of fast locating and hitting pressure points at full speed / power (on a mannequin, read Advanced training with the skeleton dummy)
- 20 minutes of various kind of jumps (even with the 20-25 Kg Kettlebell and / or a weighted vest, read The weighted vest)
- 20 minutes of various exercises for the abs with the 25 Kg Kettlebell (or a similar weight involved, read Exercise 1 for the abs to develop the muscle chain and Exercise 2 for the abs to develop the muscle chain)
- 10 minutes of precision gaining with the rope against 8 wooden poles (small target, no interruption of the flow, read Basic tools: the pole and Stance and basic rotations of the rope)
- 30 minutes of double fabric cloth training and full body (high speed, long throws, read Basic tools: the cloth)
- 10 minutes of flexible training Chinese sword (Jian) and the fabric cloth at high-speed (with low lighting, read Advanced training: gradually learn to fight in the dark)
- 10 minutes of various kind of finger / wrist push-up (start reading 5 push-up exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 10 minutes of acrobatics (depending on the level of the practitioner and his body / mind conditions)
- 10 minutes of punch combinations against a wall (read Conditioning check for the impact)
- 10 minutes of kick combinations against a cylindrical wooden pole (a wooden dummy or a tree, read How to build a Wing Chun wooden dummy in PVC)
- 60 minutes of 6DKF’s forms (alternating high speed and slow flow)
- This training involves extremely dangerous practices and should be performed by expert practitioners only (and only if we are in a good physical shape)
- Let’s do not forget that we can replace some of the involved training tools with hand made or low-cost versions (let’s use creativity and inventiveness, read for example A Wing Chun wooden dummy like in PVC)
Remember this is not a training for a novice, nor an advanced it is dangerous and it requires an extremely high effort (read also Intensity of training: depends on what?).
Even this time we’ve included some specific tools (the mannequin, the poles, etc.) and some more particular exercises (pressure points, etc.), not worry, we will see everything with specific articles.
Related video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – The fundamental technical exercises of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].