The starting path to 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s weapons
- The basic equipment for training in 6DKF – What you need to start training
- 6DKF’s basic equipment: explanation – What is the purpose of each 6DKF’s training tool
- Dojo (guan): rules, respect and etiquette – The fundamental safety and respect rules to be followed (especially with weapons)
The general path:
- At the base of each weapon: the short stick – This is the first weapon to approach with
- Learning the use of real weapons – The full path from the training weapons to the real ones
The basic conditioning:
- Train wrists and arms with weights to get fluidity – If you do not have solid arms you cannot manage the inertia of a real weapon
- Prepare arms, wrists and fingers to use weapons – How to start your conditioning path for the weapons
- The “T” weight: an exercise to master weapons – An ancient conditioning method for the arms
- The basics of short sticks: 5 basic exercises – A few exercises to initiate your path to the short sticks
- The basics of short sticks: safety and grip – How to start to work with the short sticks
- The basics of short sticks: base strokes and stance – The first lines of attack and the stance
- Stance and basic rotations of the rope – Positions and rotations of the rope
- Loop rotations of the rope – The first simple drill for a flexible weapon
- Start moving with the rope – Adding space dislocation of the body
The basic technical exercises with the weapons:
- Basic tools: the cloth – This is a fundamental part to educate our interactions with the opponents
- Basic tools: the pole – To build strength and power we have to learn to hit unmoveable surfaces
- Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball – A moving target is fundamental to build the right spatial intelligence
- How to do sparring – Once we have gained a certain level of skill we must (safely) test it against a non-collaborative partner
If you want to ask for specific articles or give priority to one that is already scheduled, read Learn Kung Fu online: request a specific article.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].