A HOME STUDY TRAINING COURSE
BECOME A REAL
Show your support and share your Kung Fu:
Fighting tips (beginner / intermediate level)
How to become unpredictable in combat
In this video, we talk about some of the most common tactical errors in combat and how to fix them (read also The 10 most common combat mistakes). The good news is that: these basic fighting concepts are instantaneously implementable.
The key to improve your fighting skills in 1 second
The reason why most of your attacks are predictable is that: you fight in the same way you perform any kind of human complicated task.
The loop is: you think to opportunities, you prepare and then you act… but in combat, it should be exactly the opposite… let’s see how.
- Strategy and tactic must be prepared during your daily training
- When the fight is started, you cannot fill such large gaps, it’s too late
- Even the study of the opponent must be done before the struggle begins
When you are at the moment of the physical contact the loop must be:
- Execute – Instinctively and instantaneously adapt one of the most suitable strategies for the current scenario
- Prepare – Transform the more or less positive consequences of your action in the most favorable possibilities
- Think – Use the time between action and preparation to assess the right strategy to reach your goal (flee, prevail and so on)
To be more practical, let’s make an example. When you kick or you punch:
- You must not insistently look at your target
- You must not think of the technique you want to execute
- You must not forcibly load as much as you can your blows
You’re done if you act so: you are telegraphing your intentions.
Better to be fast and unpredictable rather than “powerful” but slow and predictable.
Blow’s strength must come from explosive training, not from the time / space of loading.
The secret of the most simple but effective attacking technique is a straight line from the starting point A to the target point B:
- No loading
- No deviations
- No vibrations
If you are a martial arts practitioner, the beautiful thing is that you can implement this method instantaneously: you do not need years and years of training to make this small but important change.
- The video is provided with manually-created subtitles, in English and in Italian
- If you do not see the subtitles, you have to click on the relative icon on the bottom of the video area
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about the most important exercises of 6DKF
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – A learning path related to the basic combat techniques of 6DKF
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- From 1 to 10, what importance do you give to unpredictability in combat?
6 Dragons Kung Fu’s news, updates and announcements Thanks for your support, thanks for the incredible growth that in the years you have allowed us. We work with passion dedicating our entire days to the diffusion of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (if you want to know how to sustain us read the article 6 Dragons Kung […]
A 4-hours session (high intensity) An example of an advanced daily training session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (4 hours, individual, including some special / specific tools and exercises): 10 minutes of body extreme tension and immediate relaxation (controlling the flow of Qi, read The use of Qi in the 6DKF’s meaning and ) 30 […]
The Shaolin Meteor Hammer (Liuxing Chui) Type of weapon: flexible / soft Used by: Shaolin monks (China) Martial arts: Kung Fu (various styles, it is one of the 18 Shaolin weapons) Diffusion level: very low (only in specific and high-level Kung Fu circles) Cost: medium-low cost Technical characteristics Composition: it is basically a rope tied […]
A mini-guide on how to be ready for sudden combat Before starting: Personal defense: the S.A.F.E. method – In self-defense, combat should be avoided as much as possible, it is the last option of a specific path Why martial arts do not work: 5 reasons – The weak points of the common martial art approach […]
All our Kung Fu mini-guides This is the index of all the Kung Fu (and martial arts) guides that we offer for free. Free mini-guides index: A free home study Chin Na course for beginners – A basic course for the Chin Na learning (joint locks, etc.) The meaning of sparring fighting in martial arts […]
Lesson 1 – The stances of Kung Fu The different stances of Kung Fu In this chapter, we are going to discuss the fundamentals of standing, mobility and balance: let’s start with the fundamental stances. The basic stances of Kung Fu (in most cases) are very similar between the various styles that we can see […]