Why do the exams?
A note by Master Kongling – I have never loved exams, evaluations, etc. but over time I have understood that they are a moment of systematization of knowledge and skills.
The exams for graduation are special moments:
- Of study and deepening
- Of inner growth
- Of optimization of the technique and attention to detail
- To put ourselves to a personal test
- To systematize knowledge and fill our gaps
- Useful to understand our level of preparation
- That can be seen as the culmination of our commitment
At the same time the exams are not:
- A testimony of one’s power
- A moment to show off
- A point of arrival
- An opportunity to prove ourselves to be better than others
- The acquiring of a title
- A way to be feared by the others
A note by Master Kongling – Being a black belt does not mean stupid things like “I have reached the top of the pyramid”, “I have nothing more to learn”, “I am invincible” (etc.): this is ridiculous. A black belt means being at the basic level to represent the school, nothing more, nothing less. It is the moment when the true martial path starts (read When a belt becomes a blindfold). If you think that the belt and / or the diploma represents the end or the goal of a martial journey, I suggest you carefully think about the type of practitioner you intend to become (read Why martial arts do not work: 5 reasons). A belt is only a belt (you can buy it for a few bucks everywhere): it is the symbol that it represents that you cannot buy (a lifelong daily discipline, preparation, concentration).
6 Dragons Kung Fu’s exams
After this necessary premise, in 6 Dragons Kung Fu we have online exams: let’s see how they work.
- Transmission – They can be live (through video call, better) or through a unique remote video (without interruptions and privately uploaded)
- Duration – The exam has a duration of 30-60 minutes (depending on the situation)
- Device and connection – A good webcam / camera and a good connection are mandatory (the exam will be recorded)
- Video settings – The shot must fully include the body and the movements to be made, the resolution must be good (eg. enough to see even what fingers are doing)
- Languages – The exam can be in italian, english or french language
- Minors – For minors, the authorization of an adult is required (write at [email protected])
How it works:
- Equipment – Before the exam begins the practitioner must wear the correct uniform and have all the necessary exam-involved equipment with him / her (read The basic equipment for training in 6DKF)
- Prepare the body – The practitioner must correctly warm-up and stretch before the exam begins (read Basic soft stretching and Basic warm-up)
- Theory and practice – In the core part of the exam, there is a theoretical part and a practical one
- The theoretical part – In the theoretical part, the practitioner is questioned about notions, understanding, etc.
- The practical part – In the practical part, the practitioner is asked to perform exercises, techniques, etc.
- A partner – For the technical part, the practitioner must have at least one partner (depending on which must be showed)
- Rating – At each question / practical test of the exam, corresponds a rating from 0 to 100
- The final result – The average grade of each stage gives the final grade
- How to pass the exam – If the grade is greater than or equal to 60, the exam can be considered passed
- Martiality – A special vote is also given to the level of martiality (composure, seriousness, precision, concentration, etc.)
- Quality level request – The severity of the assessment is proportional to the level for which the student wishes to present yourself (the higher it is the fewer errors are accepted)
- Claims or demerits – Each request by the examiner may result in claims or demerits, which define the vote of each phase
- The communication of the final result – The result of the examination will be announced the month following its finalization
What is released:
- The belt – A belt (in relation to the level, charged to the applicant)
- The diploma – A printable paper diploma (authenticated by the school and the master)
- An official recognition – The inclusion in the list of graduates (as evidence of the truthfulness of the degree achieved)
How to ask for the exam:
- Contact us – It is necessary to apply to the school by e-mail ([email protected])
- Materials of study – It is necessary to possess the study material (video courses, etc.)
- Equipment – It is necessary to possess the involved equipment (uniform, eventual weapons, etc.)
- Program of the exam – When the school agrees, the exam program is communicated (and all the other details)
- Cost – The cost of the exam is 75 €, if not passed it can be repeated (at a reduced price) after 2 months
Important: the program for the exam is not a course, it is only the list of topics to be prepared on.
A few details:
- We do not impose temporal distance limits between one exam and another (if a practitioner has all the requirements we will certainly not slow down his growth for commercial or formal reasons
- It is the student’s responsibility to divide time and preparation (normally, if we have not practiced for many years, it is almost impossible to pass more exams in a short period of time)
- Each exam is very serious and is evaluated in a very restrictive way; please, do not take part if you are not more than prepared
- It may be reasonable to send a short demonstration video in advance (we will tell you if you are or not ready)
- If you have more questions, ask in the comments or write at [email protected]
- A scheme to quickly learn any kind of technique – How to interiorize any martial arts technique
- How to train to master the 6 Dragons Kung Fu Style – The correct path to learn 6 Dragons Kung Fu
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Do you have questions?
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].