The secrets of a profitable training
If you have read all the lessons up to here you have demonstrated a real interest in 6 Dragons Kung Fu and I thank you: in this lesson, I will indicate you the way to train and become a real warrior.
Let’s start with some premises:
- Martial arts experience is measured in real hours of practice – Not in years (it is easy to cheat in that way)
- The time you dedicate to training is precious and should not be wasted – If you really decide to study Kung Fu, you have to do it seriously otherwise it will be completely useless (you risk becoming weaker than a non-practitioner)
- Kung Fu is not a thing that can be learned in a limited time – It is an incessant challenge of improvement
If you agree with these statements, we can continue, otherwise, I ask you (a second time) to reflect carefully on your choice.
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
How to achieve the best results that your mind / body can express
To get the best results you need to:
- Always give the maximum – Always aim to improve the previous level of performance (punch after punch, kick after kick, read Achieve maximum performance)
- Never be satisfied – There is always something to do better / harder / faster / etc.; the more you study, the more you understand how far perfection is and how much you can improve
- Have specific, small and practical goals – Training is always training but if every day / week / month / year you have a target, everything will be exponentially more proficient (read also 7 principles to become a better fighter)
- Protect yourself – On one side, avoid anything that harms you physically / emotionally, on the other, privilege what makes you a better person and makes your body healthier
- Never lose concentration – You cannot train effectively if you are thinking of something else (problems, distractions, etc.); during training, your mind must be focused on the task it is executing and therefore empty (read Meditation method 1)
- “Train” even when you are not training – You can always practice, everywhere (with the car keys, against a light pole, running instead of walking, controlling your breathing, etc.); the real meaning of “Kung Fu” refers to a way of doing things at the highest possible level (read The constant training in everyday life)
- Never stop – Every day of your life will ask you (in the most disparate ways and through endless temptations / constraint) to interrupt or postpone the workout, you have to resist (read How to train with perseverance)
Technical tips on daily training
From a more technical / specific point of view, to achieve the highest level of 6 Dragons Kung Fu, you have to:
- Know the must-have of a fighter – You have to understand what is important to master to be truly prepared for real combat situations (read Physical performance in martial arts)
- Practice the “constant change” – In every session, you have to modify / adapt what you are doing to different environments but always maintaining its foundation (read Same exercises, different execution and Training: examples of constant changes)
- Measure the performance quality – You have to be factual, you cannot improve what you do not measure (read Measure, analyze and eliminate defects and Analysis and improvement of performance)
- Follow a balanced training – When you gain an ability you have to choose, you can increase its level or only maintain it, in both cases, to do this, you have to optimize its frequency of practice
- Respect your body – Rest / drink / eat properly and avoid drugs, otherwise, even if you are a good practitioner, you will never reach the peak of what you can express (read Lesson 3.1)
A note by Master Kongling – Even if to the observer Kung Fu may appear as an infinite repetition of the same gestures, to the wise practitioner, every single execution, every single movement is a moment of learning an opportunity to do a step forward (read How to acquire special abilities).
In the next lesson, we will see a little bit more deeply the exercises to perform in this phase of training.
- How to train to master the 6 Dragons Kung Fu Style – How to develop as many body elements as possible but without invalidate anyone
- The best way to study technique: 10 tips – A step by step path on how to learn any kind of technique
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].