What you need to start your daily Kung Fu workout
Summarizing what has been mentioned so far regarding the training in 6 Dragons Kung Fu, we can say that we have established:
- What is the starting equipment needed (read Lesson 1.1)
- How to check / obtain the basic psychophysical attitudes to start (read Lesson 1.2)
- What is the general path of 6 Dragons Kung Fu and the one of this course (read Lesson 2.1)
- What are the first goals to be achieved (read Lesson 2.2)
- What are the fundamental physical and technical exercises (read Lesson 2.3)
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
In this chapter we are going to discuss the last needed topic in order to start our daily practice:
- The basic safeguard rules for profitable and safe training (in this lesson)
- How to plan a tailor-made training path (on an annual, monthly, weekly and daily basis)
- How to obtain the most out of every exercise performed (in terms of acquisition of specific skills)
The general rules for safe training
Let’s start with the most important safety and respect rules:
- Respect the 3 errors rule (read Safe training: the 3 errors rule)
- Respect the gradualness of learning (trying to go too fast means increasing the risk of injuries and therefore of long periods of inactivity)
- Respect body and mind of yours and of your eventual training partners (even while doing sparring we are only studying together as friends or, better, “brothers”, we have to avoid any kind of useless competitivity)
- Always keep a medical kit handy (patches, gauze, hydrogen peroxide, etc.)
- Do not train in dangerous places (with obstacles, sharpen edges, passing vehicles, unstable supports, etc. and too far from possible rescuers)
- Do not wear necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc. (especially during sparring and in any kind of physical activity)
- Do not wear clothes that can make you stumble or limit your capabilities (like pants, shoes, jacket, etc., in terms of flexibility, blood circulation, mobility, etc.)
- If you have long hair, fix them in a stable way (cut also your nails regularly and cure your personal hygiene)
- Do not practice / use / hit what you do not know (in terms of techniques, tools and targets)
- Do not practice with real weapons (until you are an expert with the training ones, read Learning the use of real weapons)
Specific physical safety rules
Let’s see now some more specific advice:
- At the beginning of each training session it is important to do, first warm-up (read Basic warm-up and How to correctly perform warm-up) and then soft stretching (read Basic soft stretching and How to correctly perform stretching)
- Choose to stress the practice of specific warm-up and stretching related to the type of exercises you are going to start
- The intensity of the training must gradually ascend / descend and its peak should be placed in the first middle of the duration of the practice (more about this in the next lesson)
- Do not train what is in pain (you must avoid forcing a damaged part of your body, you have to wait for its recovery)
- If you feel weak in an unnatural way and especially not able to maintain your balance, is better to rest or to stop the training session
- Learn to gradually know yourself and your psychophysical limits; you have to reach your personal equilibrium between risks and improving opportunities
- If you properly train every day, your risk of hurts will exponentially decrease
- At the first symptom of malaise (of any kind), it is advisable to stop practice and consult your family doctor
A note by Master Kongling – As I always say, each time I had injuries it was due to my impatience and arrogance. Very stupid.
Tips for excellent workout performances
Last but not list, let’s see some useful ideas to obtain the maximum from your body:
- It is very important to drink a lot of water (daily, during and after the practice, take with you 1-2 bottles of natural water)
- Do not train after meals (wait for digestion); you can eat a small fruit 60 minutes before the practice (this give you the right energies) and recover with a healthy snack immediately after its end
- At the end of each session, it is a good idea to do some cool-down exercises (self-massage, etc., read 5 regeneration practices to recover after training)
- At the end of each session (if possible) wait 20-30 minutes before having a shower (until you stop sweating) but dry yourself and change your clothes immediately
- Sleep 7 hours, to recover the energies (the reconstruction of the muscle tissues takes place largely during the night)
- Have a correct diet (read Qi and proper nutrition), stop smoking, drinking and using drugs (we will always repeat it)
In conclusion, read this mini-guide: How to train without risks.
A note by Master Kongling – This is the starting point of a new life.
- How to train without risks – Useful tips and advice for a safe and efficient Kung Fu practice
- How to stop smoking – Some facts about cigarettes and methods to stop smoking
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].