As we have already mentioned (it is also a golden rule of marketing) we can not improve what we do not measure, it is not important whether it is:
- Resistance in ground fighting
- Execution speed of a technique
- Coordination in a combined sequence
- Accuracy in throwing of shurikens
To make progress and keep our concentration level constantly turned to evolution is necessary to always know at what level we are.
This also helps when our fitness (moral or other) is not at 100%, we will be automatically encouraged to express a performance, at least, as effective than the previous one.
The best way to keep track of the quality of our training is to keep on hand a piece of paper or (better) any digital data loading device (smartphone, computer, tablet, etc.) to write:
- Comments about what works and what does not (not necessarily for all exercises)
- Ratings from 0 to 10 in terms of quality the execution of each exercise
- Counts (eg. number of perfect launches, number of abdominal in 10 minutes, etc.)
- Ideas, tests, analysis to be performed and questions to be answered
Between one exercise and another is obvious that we will be hardly able to write poems or even complete sentences (we have neither the time nor the concentration to do so): let’s try instead to be schematic, to use as much as possible tables, (clear) abbreviations, intuitive symbols (with their significance’s legends) and numbers.
If we can keep this sort of “training diary” we will have the fundamental base to go to the next step, the analysis and correction of our shortcomings.
In the next article of this series we will see how to evaluate and give sense to the data we collect.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].