Is it possible a serious and constant daily Kung Fu training?
Many people argue that today it is impossible to achieve a training quality similar, for example, to the one’s of the ancient Shaolin monks (read Ancient Shaolin monks vs modern ones) and in support of this, they have very “valid” argumentations:
- We would not have the time to study
- We would not have time to work
- We would not have time to look after the family
- We would not have time to socialize
- We are too stressed
- We have not enough energies
- This is a path reserved for those with an innate talent
- Only paid sports professionals can dedicate the right time
All this is false. The real problem is to have the right level of Discipline (read Having discipline: do not contradict ourselves) and a bit of organization capability.
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
Kung Fu changes yourself and widen your ccapabiliities
- Increases the ability to concentrate (building the right determination in carrying out any type of short / long-term project)
- Increases (tenfold) the energies available to the body (and therefore the number of activities that we can perform successfully, read 10 things that change for 6DKF’s practitioners (physical))
- Destroys almost any form of physical or mental stress / debilitation (by freeing the mind and body from 90% of the common illnesses)
- Gives a reason to be satisfied every day and every minute of one’s life (read 12 Things That change for 6DKF’s practitioners (mental))
- Creates deep social relationships based on mutual respect and passion (primary foundations of love, family and friendship)
A note by Master Kongling – When I was a student, a big part of my best friendships came from random training reunions (read 5 effective ways to find a training partner).
How to optimize times and training
To find the right equilibrium between martial practice and the other life activities, it is all about:
- Learning how to organize your time (not wasting a minute)
- Learning how to optimize the quality of your training (multiplying its effectiveness)
- Following a gradual path that allows you to preserve the right resources (for the other important activities)
- Eliminating all that is harmful and / or superfluous things (those who reduce your times and your energies)
A note by Master Kongling – When we talk about “eliminating superfluous things”, we refer (for example) to do not wasting our life looking hours and hours of demented videos lying on the sofa. Nobody has anything against the light fun but the social networks are structured like casinos, once you get in, they do everything to keep you from leaving: the solution is simply to give yourself predefined times (perhaps marked by a timer).
To see some concrete examples of daily training organization, read Practical examples of daily training time subdivision.
Common organization problems and solutions
Let’s now look at some tips / solutions related to the common organizative problems (selected from the most frequent e-mails sent by our new students):
- I have no time because I work, I travel a lot (etc.) – 6 Dragons Kung Fu can (should) be performed everywhere, every time and in any situation, when you walk, when you drive, when you wash yourself, when you cook, even when you are standing still (read The constant training in everyday life)
- I do a manual job and I’m too tired to train – Your work (if it is truly physical) can be a part of your Kung Fu training, transform it (or part of it) in an exercise; in the remaining time you will not have to focus on physical workout but only on the psychological and technical aspects (or on the body parts that you have not used)
- I want to see my friends – It’s only a matter of organization, eliminate the wasting time on useless things; you can also try to share the passion for Kung Fu with your boy / girl / family / friends; in addition to this, you can share the meals time and especially reduce the sleep to 7 hours
- I have no energies – If you do not have any particular pathologies, it is just laziness or depression; start training very gradually and you will see that mountains of energy (both physical and mental) that will arrive
- I have no talent – In many cases, having talent is a disadvantage; those who are already advantaged in doing something rarely go deeply into it, they stop first; you have to build your talent, Kung Fu is not a 10 weeks challenge, it’s a path throughout your life (read Natural talent and martial arts)
- I must study / work every day N hours – If / when possible, alternate training to study / work (eg. 2-3 sessions per day), do not exaggerate with the effort, be gradual and you will see an increment of concentration and results; your mind will become faster
A note by Master Kongling – For the brain, quickly performing complex trigonometry calculations to avoid a moving target or reasoning to find a solution to a work / school problem makes no big differences.
Important – Please do not think that we are superficial or disrespectful to the priorities of your life: each one of us has also been there. We are aware that there are borderline cases where it is actually difficult to find a way to train, we are only trying to help you. If you want more specific advice, do not hesitate to ask in the comments.
- Tips on how to stretch our training times – Some tricks to stretch the training times as quick as possible
- Training in negative – A way to analyze the quality of our martial day (in relation to 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s parameters)
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].