Beyond the time we can devote to training, the only real way to excel in 6 Dragons Kung Fu is to take him in our daily lives. In order to be a true practitioner we must take every opportunity to maintain, increase and implement what we have acquired (both in terms of practical aspects both for those more abstract).
So let’s see some simple tips and ideas about what we mean with “constant training”:
- If we want to learn to move nimbly in the darkness we must seize every opportunity to move without lights or with closed eyes (whenever it is reasonable)
- If we want our legs bend naturally and without effort we have to flex our knees to the floor (and get back up quickly) whenever we have to take something that is located below our abdomen
- If we want to develop and learn to control the potential within our body we have to start to listen him, to contract / release its compositive parts, to connect them, etc. (eg. when we drive, while we are in office, etc.)
- If we want to have a good balance, in moments of waiting we can stand, for example, on one leg instead of two
- If we want our body to gain power, we need to avoid shortcuts, tricks or facilities and always to search the best effort
- If we want to have breath we have to run every time we need to walk
- If we really want to master the use of a weapon we must carry it with us wherever we are permitted, evaluating its weight, finding its pefect center of gravity, owning its essence
- If we want to have a good coordination we must learn to perform at least the simplest actions in a contemporary way (eg. grab a cup and close a door)
- If we want our flow to be fluid and precise, we have to test advanced type of movements in every day moments (eg. grabbing shoes, taking a falling bottle of water, etc.)
- If we want to understand how many strength we need in combat moves, we have to touch/press things calibrating the minimum necessary strength, to correct directions, to absorbe the unnecessary power, etc. (eg. calibrating the closure of a door)
- If we want to learn to listen and to quickly analyze the environment around us, we have to divide every sound we hear giving a sense and a cause
- If we really want to be ready to attack or defend against any opponent, it can be useful to (mentally) imagine how and where we could act to fight each person around us (eg. a muscular person, one in a disadvantage position, one near us, one distant, etc.).
As Bruce Lee was saying, every moment of our life is an opportunity to train and to progress in terms of martial growth (both in practice both in theory).
Anyway, to bring kung fu in our lives does not necessarily signify to transform (fanatically) our live in kung fu but simply to fill and give sense to the myriad of insignificant actions that occupy most of our day. This will make us more happy and satisfied.
In our vision, there is nothing more fantastic than turn a bland boring, empty effort into something useful and interesting.
In the next article we will see what it means and how we can bring kung fu in our life from the point of view of behavior with other people and in the ways of being.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].