A 3-hours session (high intensity)
An example of an advanced daily training session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (3 hours, individual, including some special / specific tools and exercises):
- 10 minutes of sequences of basic blows with the stick (dynamic movement and stationary target, read The basics of short sticks: base strokes and stance)
- 10 minutes of sequences of basic blows with the rope (dynamic movement and stationary target, Loop rotations of the rope)
- 10 minutes of different types of rapid evasive jumps (towards and away from various mobile targets, read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball)
- 10 minutes of push-ups (start reading 5 push-up exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 10 minutes of free kicking at full power against a soft target (eg. a boxing bag, randomly turning around it, start reading How to kick (simple explanation))
- 10 minutes of fabric cloth training (full body, read Basic tools: the cloth)
- 10 minutes of dynamic pick up and drop a heavy object (15-50 Kg, something flexible and unstable, to develop explosive force)
- 10 minutes of free and relaxed limbs throwing movement (maximum speed without interruption of the flow)
- 10 minutes of abs (lifting legs with a 5-30 Kg weight attached, read foe example Exercise 1 for the abs to develop the muscle chain)
- 10 minutes of combined sequences of fast punches against hard unmoveable targets (walls and door frames, read Basic tools: the pole)
- 10 minutes of free flying kicks against a periodically oscillating target (small size, elastic movement)
- 10 minutes of research and development of Qi (through breathing, tension / relaxing muscles and muscle chain, read A breathing exercise to develop the 6DKF’s muscle chain)
- 10 minutes of alternated parries against an oscillating target (small size, elastic movement)
- 10 minutes of pneumatic ball training (read The pneumatic ball training)
- 10 minutes of quick rolls on the ground with throw (roll, immediate throws of a ball toward a target, 4 legs run, recover the ball and repeat, read 5 running exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 10 minutes of dexterity training with the knife (against a training dummy)
- This training involves extremely dangerous practices and should be performed by advanced-expert practitioners only (and only if we are in a good physical shape)
- Let’s do not forget that we can replace some of the involved training tools with hand made or low-cost versions (let’s use creativity and inventiveness, read for example A Wing Chun wooden dummy like in PVC)
- Stretching, warm-up and recovery exercises are not included but they are very important (read How to train without risks)
- Remember this is not a training for a novice, it is dangerous and it requires an extremely high effort (read also Intensity of training: depends on what?)
- Even this time we’ve included some specific tools (the boxing bag, the poles, etc.) and some more particular exercises (knife dexterity, etc.), not worry, we will see everything with specific articles
Related video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – The fundamental technical exercises of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].