The main reasons for choosing to practice Kung Fu
The list of reason to start practicing Kung Fu can be endless, here there are only some of the most important / interesting:
- It teaches to defend yourself and the people you love (not just physically)
- Daily, it brings infinite energy and well-being (it also helps to prevent little / big illnesses)
- It makes you every day satisfied and in peace with yourself
- It teaches what is the right amount of concentration, discipline and preparation necessary in every aspect of life
- In terms of personal development, it is a goal for life that helps giving meaning to life itself
- It fills the dead time that in many cases we waste harming us (or the others)
- It strengthens character, self-esteem and teaches to understand the others
- It educates to respect, self-control and patience
- It teaches to never give up, to always get up again
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
The main reasons for choosing 6 Dragons Kung Fu
In particular, 6 Dragons Kung Fu is:
- Accessible to anyone who truly wants to learn it
- A martial art open-to and inspired-by other martial arts (Jeet Kune Do, Shaolin Quan, Ninjutsu, Systema and many, many other)
- A “liquid” martial art open to personal experimentation and customization (read The true heart of 6DKF)
- A complete fighting system with a broad overview of the core / collateral skills of a true warrior (read 6DKF: what does it teach?)
- Born in our millennium for our millennium (in terms of self-defense, lifestyle, etc.)
- specifically created to be studied in the context of online learning and serious home study (with constant practice)
- Created to enhance the practitioner through the style and not vice versa (read A 6DKF for each one)
- Not only a pack of techniques but also a training system studied to be effective, gradual and not monotonous
A note by Master Kongling – 6 Dragons Kung Fu can be well defined with a famous phrase by the philosopher Bernard of Chartres: “We are like dwarves on the shoulders of giants”.
The inverted learning method of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
6 Dragons Kung Fu is not what is taught but what is learned (read The 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s way).
This is the formula that we use to create real warriors (read The fighter and the warrior):
- Awaken of body and mind
- Allow body and mind to express their natural attitudes
- Add martial technique to personal attitudes
- Add to the technique high-level psychophysical martial skills (read All the skills of 6 Dragons Kung Fu)
- Improve training and connect personal attitudes, technique, and martial skills
Following this “unorthodox” way (read The use of unorthodox methods):
- Each of us becomes an expert in his personal 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- We can truly be all different and express ourselves at our maximum level
A note by Master Kongling – It is almost impossible to learn martial arts only by ourselves but with a guide that gradually identifies our errors, we can reach a level of preparation that has no equals.
Is it possible to learn martial arts online?
“There’s no need to go to Shaolin Temple to train as a Shaolin monk.” – A Shaolin monk
Everyone has an opinion about learning martial arts online, from a book or from a video (read Online learning and martial arts: is it possible?) but the only way to know the answer, dear friend, is to try.
There are very few things that discipline, preparation and concentration cannot do but, those who think that these 3 keys have to come from an instructor, will never learn anything (even at the Shaolin Temple in the ancient centuries of its highest splendor).
If the goal is to learn to fight…
The only certain thing is that without fighting and / or without partners (at least periodically) we lose the concept of “martial art” both in a dedicated gym, both in hour home, both everywhere (read also How to use martial arts in a real fight).
Let’s be completely clear: 6 Dragons Kung Fu does not force the practitioners to do sparring, it forces them to be realistic, to understand that theory, in a real self-defense situation (or in a sports competition), is completely useless without practice.
Understood this, can it be a good choice of life to do not fight with anyone and to use Kung Fu only as a way to discover yourself.
The discriminant is awareness:
- You want health, wellness, happiness? You are not forced to fight
- You want to learn to fight? You have to combat and get hurt
A note by Master Kongling – To learn to swim, you have to get into the water and get wet: the more you do it, the more you learn (all the rest is nonsense).
- 10 things that change for 6DKF’s practitioners (physical) – An example of 10 things that, physically, change in the life of a practitioner.
- 12 Things That change for 6DKF’s practitioners (mental) – An example of 12 things that, mentally, change in the life of a practitioner.
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].