Training on an annual, monthly, weekly and daily basis
6 Dragons Kung Fu has a well-defined training method, designed:
- To build real martial skills (read How to acquire special abilities)
- For those who have real determination
Time management is one of the keys to achieve constantly growing performance and to avoid their deterioration.
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
The general subdivision of the practice
In this phase, the general subdivision of training hours is as follows:
- Fundamental technical exercises – They must be performed every 1-3 days (described in Lesson 2.3)
- Fundamental physical exercises – They must be performed every 3-4 days (described in Lesson 2.3)
- Secondary technical exercises – They must be performed every 4-5 days
- Secondary physical exercises – They must be performed every 5-7 days
- Mental and psychological exercises – They must be performed (at least) every 5-6 days
- Core techniques – They must be performed (at least) every 2-3 days
- Special exercises (simulations, etc.) – They can be performed 1-4 times per year
- Integrative exercises – They must be performed during daily life, in each moment at your disposal
- A rest day – It must be inserted every 5-7 days (without it we do not give our body the minimum time to allow the increase of performance)
A note by Master Kongling – This is your discipline, to obtain real results you have to integrate it as a part of your life routine (read Having discipline: do not contradict ourselves).
The exercises to practice and their subdivision
Established a reasonable time of daily training (which can be staggered in 2, maximum 3 parts, more about this in the next lesson), we have to dedicate:
- 5-10% to warm-up / stretching exercises
- 20-30% to conditioning / resistance exercises
- 10-20% to cardio exercises
- 10-20% to techniques learning
- 5-15% to sparring exercises (for those who wants to learn to fight)
- 5-10% to flexibility exercises
- 5-10% to recovering exercises
A note by Master Kongling – Naturally these percentages are only indicative (with time and experience everything must be recalibrated with your defects / endurance / specific goals).
- It is not secondary to say that a lot of exercises cover more than one of these parameters at the same time
- Even if a lot of 6 Dragons Kung Fu exercises are already online, if you are a beginner, it is better if you follow the pace of this course and concentrate on the fundamental ones (read Lesson 2.3)
- About the technical part we will talk about it in the following chapters (first you need to basically prepare your body)
A step by step guide to your daily Kung Fu training
Now let’s see a training session sample, from the beginning to the end:
- First of all, wear your training uniform (it’s a way to mentally prepare yourself)
- Find the right music (especially for beginners a good playlist can be a “bridge” to start building determination, read Lesson 2.2)
- Place the speakers in a safe position and adjusts the volume to suit the environment (acoustics, respect for the others, etc.)
- Never use headphones, they damage your perception of the environment (the isolation they create is only useful in some exercises that we will see in the future)
- Take a paper, a countdown timer and a pen (or better a smart device)
- Decide the amount of time to dedicate (it must be the same every day, and it must be time of pure training, pauses and losing time must be excluded)
- If you have decided to train less than 1 hour, most of the exercises must last, on average, 5 minutes otherwise 10 minutes
- Create a bulleted list and write your workout plan (1 row for each exercise)
- Take all the tools / materials necessary / useful for the practice
- Set the countdown to the number of minutes of the first exercise and start your playlist
- Execute the exercise and stop only after the alarm of the timer (no pauses, you can only drink water)
- Terminated the exercise, draw an oblique line on the exercise performed (or check the list item on your smart device, do it only when the task is completed)
- Write (rapidly) near the description of the exercise statistics / ideas / problems / etc. about the exercise performed (only 2-5 words, read Measure, analyze and eliminate defects)
- Do not lose a second (read Intensity of training: depends on what?) and set the countdown to the number of minutes of the second exercise (and so on)
- When you have finished, dry yourself with a towel, this is not allowed during practice (you need to get used to sweating and to manage it without being distracted)
- If possible change your clothes and do some regeneration exercise (self-massage, soft stretching, Yoga relaxation, etc., read 5 regeneration practices to recover after training)
- Discuss (respectfully) with your partners and / or write the impressions about the session (after, it will be too late, read Analysis and improvement of performance)
- Have a shower (after 20-30 minutes after the end of the activity)
Maintain a training diary
Do not throw away the training sheet, keep it jealously, it is a building block of the three main focal points of 6 Dragons Kung Fu:
Whenever you see the stack of your training sheets, you will remember the path you have made, the sacrifices and the relative satisfaction.
In the next lesson, we will see how to insert (in the most painless way possible) within our day a serious, constant and expandable training.
- Training sessions samples – A list of specific training sessions of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (individual workouts, for advanced, for experts, for beginners, in small spaces, etc.)
- How to train in 6DKF: basic exercises – A small guide (not for totally beginner) to start the practice of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].