Lesson 2 – Basic discipline, stamina and automations
Welcome to the second stage of training
After the first phase of adaptation of body and mind, it is necessary to establish training sessions:
- Balanced from the point of view of effort, so as to keep the practitioner ready to fight at any time
- Calibrated (at the same time) to ensure the increase of the 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s basic skills
Physical and technical training
In the second stage of learning, our training has these objectives:
- Build the discipline of daily training
- Build the basic resistance to the effort
- Build the basic mental / muscular automations
Discipline of training
If you have never seriously trained, at this step, the best way to build your self-discipline foundation is to:
- Be satisfied, of you and your training, you always have to include the athletic / martial exercises you like and the ones you are good at
- Focus the practice on giving an outburst to all the failing / annoyances / injustices / frustrations you have suffered in your daily life
- Exclude real persons / places / situations / problems during training (eg. you do not have to focus on the people who hurt you but only on the behaviors you disapprove)
- Find powerful good emotions, you can choose all those films, music (etc.) that makes you strong / enthusiast / energetic
- Avoid artificial bad feelings, you have to eliminate films, music (etc.) that makes you weak / sad / negative
- Cure your alimentation and especially drink a lot of water (read Qi and proper nutrition)
- Stop using drugs, alcohol, smoking (etc.), all of these things make your mind and your body weak
With the time a lot of these suggestions will become obvious and /or superfluous but, for now, follow them, give them a chance and find the most effective for you.
Resistance to effort
If you follow the indications just mentioned, the resistance to the effort, very simply, will come by itself. The only thing you have to pay attention to is to keep the daily workload balanced on:
- Upper and lower limbs (horizontal symmetry)
- Right and left part of the body (vertical symmetry, 6DKF do not have a preferred side)
In terms of:
Forget the idea of effort (read Intensity of training: depends on what?):
- Train more if you have more energies but without exaggerate
- Train slowly if you feel tired but always try to fill the time you have dedicated (30 minutes, 1 hour, etc.)
Mental / muscular automation
6 Dragons Kung Fu has a lot of muscle automations (read The muscle memory) but the very first we want to acquire includes 2 fundamental aspects:
- Basic body mobility
- Basic defensive activity
While the attack may be more tactical / rational, the last barrier that separates us from defeat, the defense, must have a good deal of instinct.
To make it more simple, we must rapidly learn to:
- Move into the space with balance and ease
- Keep the vulnerable parts of our body protected
To complete this first objective we must do nothing but practice the fundamental exercises of the 6 Dragons Kung Fu at exhaustion (which we will see in the next lesson).
- Tips on how to stretch our training times – Some tricks on how to stretch the daily training time.
- Sparring type 3: body defensive automation – A special sparring set of 6DKF to develop body defensive automation (not for beginners).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].