I do not have time to train: what can I do?
We all think we are so incredibly busy, as if we were president of a nation. When someone asks us to do an activity out of the ordinary, we often reply something like “Sorry, I have no time, I have a lot of things to do”.
The truth is that in most cases, if with a timer we objectively look at how we truly spend our daily hours: it is easy to see how much we are wasting them.
A few examples of wasted time:
- Watching our phone
- Playing videogames
- Unnecessarily lengthening breaks and intermediate times
- Dozing in the armchair
- Trying to please wrong people
- Hurting ourselves in all possible ways
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
Is it truly a leak of time our problem? No.
We all have the same 24 hours per day, the same that had the ancient Shaolin monks (read also Ancient Shaolin monks vs modern ones).
In 90% of the cases, the problem has nothing to do with time, the real obstacle is the leak of energy:
- It is not true that we have no time to exit for a run
- It is not true that we have no space in a week to start a training plan
In most cases, the problem is not a lack of energy linked to the body but also (and above all) a lack of mental energies to start.
Let’s recover the example of running, the truth is that:
- We are not tired enough to start a run (this happens after the practice, not before)
- We are simply and unconsciously tired by the idea of doing it (cold, heat, fatigue, sweat, the judgment of others, etc.)
We are not able to leave our confort zone.
How to leave the comfort zone: 6 tips
No matter if the goal is starting a 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s path (read How to start practicing from scratch) or another project, following these tips, you will gain the basic amount of mental energies to start to move:
- Take control over time
- Use motivation
- Cure your diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Start an easy exercise plan doing something you like
- Put everything into your training, do not think of anything else
A note by Master Kongling – Learn to organize your time, do not waste even an instant of it. Every minute that you do what you choose to do is a great result (to be proud and satisfied with). Every minute that you are a passive victim of the events (eg. the routine) is a flower lost, a stolen moment from death to life. Are you living or are you already dead? Think about it.
How to put the tips in practice
It is easier than we can imagine:
- Project – We have to design our time precisely dividing it into hours of relaxation, work, recreation, training (read Practical examples of daily training time subdivision), etc. and stick to the time we choose
- No frustration – We have to do what we love with all of our passion, (initially) avoiding any kind of frustration (read Motivation: from passion to self-discipline and The first martial skill to be acquired)
- Determination – We have to manage time with preparation, concentration, discipline, as a constantly new treasure (read also How to train with perseverance and Optimizing the available time)
- Health – We must stop feeding our body with junk food Qi and proper nutrition
A note by Master Kongling – Do you really think that those aches, that rapid fatigue, that muscle tension, that sense of heaviness, those small twinges, that feeling of numbness (etc.) are normal, natural and physiological in the human body? No, they are not, they are the direct consequence of a wrong lifestyle.
Why martial arts are the best choice in terms of energy building
It doesn’t matter what the real goal is (working, physical, etc.), the martial arts practice is able to give the mental energies we have talked about better of many other sports because:
- It has mental and physical aspects
- It is part of life (not a hobby)
- It has practical implications (eg. self-defense)
A note by Master Kongling – I know I’m pretty biased but if you’re here, you probably think similarly too. As a child, I always not liked sports (both group and individual): they seemed like a useless waste of time; the only physical activity that stimulated me for its practicality and depth was martial arts.
In-depth video courses
- How to build strong self-discipline – The secrets to take control of your mind and gain the results you aim at
- Martial arts weight loss: how to – How to use martial arts to burn fat and gain energies
- The constant training in everyday life – How and why to exploit all the possibles training occasions
- Daily training: the right psychophysical effort – Effort: nothing more, nothing less than the necessary
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What is the goal you want to reach?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].