The primary goal for a beginner
The first goal we have to think of is to learn to train every day. If we are beginners, it is totally wrong to start focusing our efforts on reaching advanced martial skills: it is simply impossible.
If (as many do) we let ourselves be enchanted by the final results instead of pursuing the path: we will inevitably fail because they will not be at our disposal in a few time:
- We try
- We understand the difficulty
- We see that we cannot reach what we want
- We leave training
Wrong. It is good to repeat it, the best thing to do is to focus on the idea of daily training, this is the first skill to acquire: daily training capability (read How to start practicing from scratch and Practical examples of daily training time subdivision).
Let’s ask ourselves if we really want to practice Kung Fu
If we don’t like the idea of training every day, we do not have to start to learn Kung Fu. Excluding the 2-4 hours per week amateur courses, any serious martial path is made of daily dedication:
Without this, we will never get anything.
What happens if we train every day?
Once we learn to train every day without interruptions (except for 1 day of recovery each week), we will start to automatically build martial skills, real martial skills.
We are not talking about (useless) tricks or games, we are talking about real capabilities to be applied:
- In combat situations
- In self-defense scenarios
When does it make sense to focus on specific goals?
At an intermediate level. At that moment, after having developed good self-discipline (related to daily practice), we will be able to start to think about precise martial goals.
What are the real skills?
Let’s see some example:
- Conditioning for muscle memory (read The muscle memory)
- Speed of execution (read Speed and quickness)
- Spatial intelligence (read The most important skill in combat)
- Endurance (read also )
All the rest are only jokes, games or tricks (more near to juggling) like:
- Broking rocks
- Broking wood
A note by Master Kongling – Let’s be clear, we appreciate juggling (even the one related to martial arts) and sometimes, we also do these kinds of things but we certainly never lose 1 minute focusing our attention on how to broke a brick or anything similar (often, when the preparation is good, part of this sort of thing becomes feasible even without specific practice but this happens collaterally, it is not the result of a specific study).
How long does it take to acquire real martial skills?
We have to be patient. If we think that real martial skills can be acquired in a few days, in a few weeks, in a few months: you are totally out of the concept.
We have to understand that:
- Real martial skills are build in years (and their effectiveness increases and increases and increases with the time)
- We cannot build them in a few days (and if we can, those are not martial skills, those are probably useless tricks)
If we are learning something that anyone can do in a few hours, in a few days:
- We are wasting our time
- That capability is probably useless
- It is not worth to be learned
The things that make the real difference in a combat situation, are those that cannot be easily replicated.
What are the steps to learn advanced martial skills?
How to acquire advanced level martial skills:
- First, we have to understand what is the path (by a reliable expert)
- Second, we have to ask ourselves if we can follow that path (from the beginning to the end)
- Third, we have to be gradual (real skills pushes the human mind and body to near its limits)
To deepen the topic of advance martial capabilities read How to acquire special abilities.
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – The core practices that can help you to transform passion in discipline
- Motivation: from passion to self-discipline – How to use passion to rapidly build self-discipline
- All the skills of 6 Dragons Kung Fu – An updated list of all the capabilities of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Are you ready to start a new life path?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].