The 3 fundamental technical exercises
Fabric Cloth training, Hanging Speedball training and Poles training: each of these exercises has different and specific goal but they have also some common points.
1. What are the common points?
These are the key reasons why it is extremely important to perform these exercises:
- You can express yourself at the highest possible level – You can hit at full power / speed without limiting your capabilities (even in sparring you cannot do it, read The meaning of sparring fighting in martial arts)
- They stress spatial intelligence in dynamic contexts at the highest possible level – It is like training every day against someone that (in relation to us) is a champion
- They self-adapt to your level – They work “slow” for a beginner and incredibly fast for an expert; if performed intelligently (searching for complexity, etc.), they have no limits
- They never repeat themselves – If executed correctly (with variations, etc.), they never allow you to get used to a repetitive routine
- They naturally lead you to stretch your workout concentration – They teach your mind to remain focused, detached and forge your instinctive combat system
- You can train every time you want and everywhere – You can practice them at any moment, almost in any place and (especially) for the time you want; if done correctly, these are practices that work on your active concentration and this makes them potentially executable endlessly
A note by Master Kongling – Naturally, I have personally experienced the benefits of this type of conditioning but in particular as regards the duration of the practice (read also Tips on how to stretch our training times), there is a fun fact. I remember that once, a student (at the time beginner) with Fabric Cloth Training had been so immersed in the execution that after an hour I stopped her and asked: “did you realize how much time has passed?” and she “Is it 10 minutes already?”. This is to say that if your mind is there, present in the moment of practice, fatigue disappears and the martial growth becomes exponential.
2. What are the differences?
These are the core aspects that differentiate these practices one from each other:
- Fabric Cloth training – It teaches you to be fast and reactive as no other exercises could do; at a higher level it gets you used to manage liquid and fluid contacts (read The 6DKF’s Liquid and Fluid Contacts)
- Hanging Speedball training – It teaches you to strike fast and to manage the distances; at a higher level it gets you used to manage liquid contacts
- Poles training – It conditions you for impacts (read also Conditioning check for the impact), it teaches to strike dosing the right amount of power and precisely (what to hit with what body part); at a higher level it gets you used to manage solid contacts (read The 6DKF’s Solid Contacts)
In the next lesson, you will see how to build the necessary tools and how to prepare the relative training areas.
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A deep explanation of everything you need to get the best from these exercises
- The first martial skill to be acquired – The most important capability to focus on for a beginner
- How to acquire special abilities – The correct path to build real martial skills that work
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What is your feeling about the practice of the fundamental technical exercises?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].