A sparring mini-guide
- How to do sparring – What is sparring and how to gradually become able to practice it
- 5 effective ways to find a training partner – For a serious training it is important to find at least 1-2 sparring partners
- Why martial arts do not work: 5 reasons – Without practicing sparring it is impossible to be a real martial artist
- Learn Kung Fu online: free introductory video course – A video course about safety and how to start with a home study training
- Dojo (guan): rules, respect and etiquette – The rules to practice proficiently and without useless risks
The types of martial fights:
- The 6 types of martial clash – In martial arts there are 6 general types of combat and each of them has specific rules, characteristics and goals
- Declared techniques, sparring and sport competition – Sparring is the second type of martial fight we recognize in 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- Self defense, martial clash and war clash – Without sparring it is impossible to face any kind of combat, especially the 3 most dangerous
6 Dragons Kung Fu’s sparring types:
- Sparring type 1: slow motion fighting – A first technical and completely safe approach to sparring (ideal to win the fear of the combat)
- Sparring type 2: close combat – A sparring type to learn how to manage a close distance fighting situation
- Sparring type 3: body defensive automation – A sparring exercise to make our body used to basic instinctive defense muscle memory (read The muscle memory)
- Sparring type 4: multiple opponents – To prevail against more than one opponent of our own level is almost impossible but it is a good training
- Sparring type 5: knife fighting – The knife is a dirty and dangerous weapon, the only way to understand it and to learn its dynamics is to work with it in a realistic but safe context
- Sparring with Nunchaku – Often with ancient weapons, we limit ourselves to learning forms and/or juggling tricks but the real fight has many things to teach our body mechanics (also in relation to unarmed combat)
- The 6DKF’s diagram about the use of violence – Sparring is not violence, it is a way to deeply understand ourselves and a martial art
If you want to ask for specific articles or give priority to one that is already scheduled, read Learn Kung Fu online: request a specific article.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].