A 1-hour session (middle-high intensity)
This is an example of a novice daily session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (1 hour, with a master / instructor, training partners, including some special / specific tools and exercises):
- 5 minutes of warm-up (running, stop and 2 kicks, running, stop and 2 punches, repeat, read How to correctly perform warm-up)
- 5 minutes of fabric cloth training (arms only, read Basic tools: the cloth)
- 5 minutes of fabric cloth training (arms and legs)
- 5 minutes of moving alternating parries on the forearms with a partner (one go forward, one back off and vice versa)
- 5 minutes of free fighting against 1 moving target hanging on an elastic rope (arms only, read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball)
- 5 minutes of free fighting against 1 moving target hanging on an elastic rope (arms and legs)
- 5 minutes with a single short stick against 1 moving target hanging on an elastic rope (read At the base of each weapon: the short stick)
- 5 minutes of sequences of pre-combined attacks with our partner (one uses the pao, one kicks and punches, next we change roles)
- 5 minutes of pre-combined sequences with the wooden dummy (kicks and punches, Training dummies)
- 5 minutes of basic rope rotations (read Stance and basic rotations of the rope)
- 10 minutes of study and application of techniques with our partner
This is a good training for who is starting to know 6DKF but is not completely out of shape: it is not dangerous and it does not require an extreme effort.
Even this time we’ve included some specific tools (the wooden dummy, etc.) and some more particular exercises (6DKF’s techniques, etc.), do not worry, we will see everything with specific articles.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.