As we have seen for the second method of meditation of 6DKF, to pass to the next stage we must have practiced profitably the first 2, otherwise we risk damaging / slowing / stopping our evolution.
Method 3 (partially from Yoga):
- Let’s find a suitable environment where no one will bother us
- Let’s put our body to the ground with his belly up and arms at your sides
- Let’s free our mind from every distraction, let’s concentrate on our breath
- Let’s close our eyes gently, relaxing one by one every muscle of our body
- When we feel ready, let’s inhale and exhale only through our nose (our mouth is closed this time)
- Let’s inhale and exhale very slowly, constantly and in a controlled way
- Let’s use an intense type of breathing, deep and noisy (like when we sleep)
- Let’s inhale for 10 seconds, let’s exhale for 15 seconds, slowly, very very slowly without interruptions
- Let’s inflate the belly to its maximum extension while we inhale
- Let’s deflate the belly tightening our abdominal muscles as we exhale
- While we inhale our arms raise from the ground, relax and go behind us
- While we exhale the arms go back to our sides crawling sideways
- Let’s try to inflate the chest as little as possible, we breathe with the abdominal area
- Each part of the exercise has to be proportional and syncronous with breathing
Let’s practice one or two of the meditation methods for a total time at least of 10/15 minutes every day; for example:
- After our training session
- When we wake-up
- When we go to sleep
- After dinner
This is the first meditation and self-control technique that begins to require some preparation, if we feel fatigued or without oxygen is important to return to the method 2 and increase the “difficulty” with intermediate steps.
The primary goal is and remains the relaxation and the taking of consciousness of ourselves, all skills that follow these practices are only consequences of a good preparation, discipline and concentration.
By following the methods that we gradually expose we will gain more and more control over ourselves and our bodies.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.