The path of meditation
After the first mention of meditation in 6 Dragons Kung Fu (read Meditation method 1), we go ahead to describe a second and a little bit more advanced approach. This exercise gives us access to a state of deep concentration where the mental detachment from reality is considerably wider.
- The second method does not automatically exclude the first one (which we discussed previously) nor the subsequents
- Each method can be used for different environments, goals, situations, psychophysical conditions, partners level and time at disposal
- Before moving on to this kind of concentration it is important to have practiced enough the method 1 (the transition to method 2 is considerable)
This kind of practice is slightly more complex and is not recommended to those who have not practiced the previous steps every day for, at least, a couple of months (or 50-60 sessions). The biggest risk is to transform meditation in an effort (thwarting all its positive effects).
The second meditation method
How to perform method 2 (some instructions are repeated and / or similar to the ones of method 1):
- Let’s find a suitable environment where no one will bother us
- The complete silence is useful but not fundamental, the important thing is to have no distractions
- Let’s get on our knees (advanced level), cross-legged (intermediate), lying on the ground or sitting on a chair (beginners)
- Let’s choose a convenient position but trying to maintaining our back straight, if we are not accustomed, we have to take a pillow
- The pillow should be positioned under our buttocks
- It is fundamental to avoid pain at the lower back (and the consequent distraction that invalidate the entire execution)
- Let’s avoid background music
- Let’s close our eyes gently
- Let’s try to relax every muscle in our body (starting from the feet)
- One by one let’s concentrate on each limb forcing it to leave all the tensions
- Let’s imagine our limbs becoming really heavy, heavy enough to sink as into an extremely soft mattress
- Let’s slowly inhale through our nose rather deeply but without any kind of effort
- Let’s exhale through our mouth freely, again without any kind of effort
- Let’s be sure that the duration of each exhalation is lower than the relative inhalation
- During the exhale let’s release a low sound with the mouth like a slow and silent “ah” (to empty our lungs at 50%)
- 10-15 minutes are fine to begin (let’s try to practice every day)
Notes and variants
If we are able to do the mentioned steps without problems we can go further adding these details:
- Let’s try to inhale for 7 seconds and exhale for less than 7 seconds (slowly, very slowly, without interruptions and/or variation of intensity)
- We have to concentrate on our breath and focalize imagination on a gallery without end where we are entering into
- Let’s try to free our mind from every distraction
- Meditation is an activity in which we must avoid to test us (especially at the beginning), we must proceed extremely gradually, very slowly
- If we feel any kind of discomfort (dizziness, hyperventilation, etc.) we have to immediately stop the practice and step back to the method 1
- We must not adulterate the only working medicine for our mind (we will have a lot of other exercises to increase our lung capacity, control our heartbeat, etc.)
- Breathing for immediate relaxation – How to use meditation to obtain immediate relaxation in critical moments
- Become the absolute zero – THe highest mental level of a warrior
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What is the importance of music in your meditation?
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].