Kung Fu near me (a free online Kung Fu course)
How to train safely: training area and external people
In this video, we rapidly talk about how to choose / adapt a training area to start your practice (follow our free online Kung Fu course) and how to manage the people around you.
- Today we are gonna talk about safety: in your training area and in relation to the persons around you
- Most of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s exercises can be executed everywhere but it is preferable to perform them on a wooden surface
- For the exercises that involve the possibility of losing balance (like sparring and so on), it is better to choose a soft surface, like a Tatami square or a lawn with grass free of stones
- The surrounding environment: only advanced practitioners can train on an area with unwanted obstacles, in all the other cases, it is essential to choose / adapt an appropriate place
- It must be free of obstacles, without moving parts, no unstable elements, no sharp elements, nothing easy to break; furthermore we will have to fill all the edges with something with a certain thickness, able to do not compress too much in the moment of impact. Let’s avoid poor quality foam rubber.
- People and security: it is always necessary to be in contact with a person in case of possible help, in case of illness, injuries (etc.)
- Never do sparring without having at least a person vigilant, we must be at least in 3.
- Never involve unknown people in training and especially in sparring.
- External people can attend training as long they do not deconcentrate who are training, do not interact with the workout
- They must stay at a safe distance, at least 3 times the longest elongation of our limbs, training tools or weapons from the area where we are training
- A final note for parents: children must always be supervised; if an adult can independently manage the responsibilities of a serious daily martial arts training, this does not happen for minors It is up to parents to monitor behavior and security.
- Remember: training can be a fantastic moment to share with the persons we like, we love and so on but it must be safe.
- The video is provided with manually-created subtitles, in English and in Italian
- If you do not see the subtitles, you have to click on the relative icon on the bottom of the video area
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about the most important exercises of 6DKF
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – A learning path related to the basic combat techniques of 6DKF
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Where do you plan to train?
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].