Kung Fu near me (a free online Kung Fu course)
How to train safely: training area and external people
In this video, we rapidly talk about how to choose / adapt a training area to start your practice (follow our free online Kung Fu course) and how to manage the people around you.
- Today we are gonna talk about safety: in your training area and in relation to the persons around you
- Most of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s exercises can be executed everywhere but it is preferable to perform them on a wooden surface
- For the exercises that involve the possibility of losing balance (like sparring and so on), it is better to choose a soft surface, like a Tatami square or a lawn with grass free of stones
- The surrounding environment: only advanced practitioners can train on an area with unwanted obstacles, in all the other cases, it is essential to choose / adapt an appropriate place
- It must be free of obstacles, without moving parts, no unstable elements, no sharp elements, nothing easy to break; furthermore we will have to fill all the edges with something with a certain thickness, able to do not compress too much in the moment of impact. Let’s avoid poor quality foam rubber.
- People and security: it is always necessary to be in contact with a person in case of possible help, in case of illness, injuries (etc.)
- Never do sparring without having at least a person vigilant, we must be at least in 3.
- Never involve unknown people in training and especially in sparring.
- External people can attend training as long they do not deconcentrate who are training, do not interact with the workout
- They must stay at a safe distance, at least 3 times the longest elongation of our limbs, training tools or weapons from the area where we are training
- A final note for parents: children must always be supervised; if an adult can independently manage the responsibilities of a serious daily martial arts training, this does not happen for minors It is up to parents to monitor behavior and security.
- Remember: training can be a fantastic moment to share with the persons we like, we love and so on but it must be safe.
- The video is provided with manually-created subtitles, in English and in Italian
- If you do not see the subtitles, you have to click on the relative icon on the bottom of the video area
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about the most important exercises of 6DKF
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – A learning path related to the basic combat techniques of 6DKF
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Where do you plan to train?
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.