The conditioning (at least basic) of the body is a key aspect for those who want to minimize the risk of damage in combat.
We always try to maintain a normal hand aspect but at the same time we prefer to save their joints. The first type of conditioning that we are going to face is that of hands.
The hands are both powerful and delicate, if we want to avoid damaging our bones hitting our opponent in a bad way (or simply missing a target), we have to fortify them a bit (knuckles, fingers, muscles, etc.).
Here is a very first exercise that we can do without big risks: the bag of rice.
What we need
- Let’s take a fabric bag and some rice
- The bag must be filled to 75%
- The bag must be able to be gripped firmly with one hand
- Let’s grasp with one hand and with very firm grip the bag
- We have hit the bag with the other hand (and next vice versa)
- The hand with the bag must not move, it has to absorb the hit (it is part of the training)
- We have to hit in sequence with each knuckle individually
- We have to hit with each finger in sequence
- We have to hit with outstretched fingers, curved, folded in half and closed
- We have to hit with the palm, the back and the 2 remaining sides of the hand
- We have to hit with the 4 sides of the wrist
- We have to hit with couples and trios of fingers together and separate
- We have to hit with lunges, beatings and directional pressures (down, right, etc.)
- We have to hit with fingers crossed, leaning, etc.
Optimize the exercise
- We need to mix these various stimuli but we have to keep balanced the totals
- We have to try to use the maximum power that we can give it without being hurt
- Let do not waste time, let’s move the rest of the body (eg. legs up and down)
- If we are acting well our hands should redden slightly but must not in any way be injured
This is an introductory exercise to conditioning (it will help us to pass to other type of stimulations) and should not be very harmful but, if we feel pain, we have to interrupt right away and wait for a few days to start again.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].