Combat training (intermediate level)
An example of execution of Hanging Speedball exercise (with the staff)
In this video, we show a practical example of the Hanging Speedball practice (in the particular case, Master Kongling performs the intermediate version of the exercise with the long stick).
This training is one of the fundamental technical exercises of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (read) and it promotes: spatial intelligence, reflexes, coordination, precision, timing, quick reasoning and much more.
A note by Master Kongling – The method of execution demonstrated in the video (speed, moves, etc.) is not for beginners but the type of practice is very simple and accessible to everyone.
- This is one of the fundamental 6 Dragons Kung Fu practices (read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball)
- The first rule is that you cannot stop the mobile targets
- The second rule is that you have to avoid to be touched by the speedballs
- The third rule is that the speedballs should never control your movements (it must be the practitioner to choose where to go)
- To see the same exercise performed free-hand see Combat training: the speedball exercise
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about the most important exercises of 6 Dragon Kung Fu
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – The core combat techniques of our free-hand combat system
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Can you manage the continuous change of handle of the staff in a dynamic context?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].