Combat training (advanced level)
An example of execution of Fabric Cloth exercise
In this video, we show a practical example of the Fabric Cloth (read Basic tools: the cloth) exercise (in the particular case, Master Kongling practice with a Japanese weapon, the Ninjato, ideal for advanced practitioners).
This training is one of the fundamental technical exercises of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (read) and it promotes: reflexes, speed, concentration, spatial intelligence, spatial memory, adaptability, balance, mobility, timing, distances management, precision, combat instinct and much more.
A note by Master Kongling – It is important to stress that to train with real live blades is extremely dangerous and in our school, it is one of the last things that a practitioner learn (read Learning the use of real weapons).
- This exercise, like the other fundamental ones, autoregulates in relation to your speed and with all the other combat capabilities that you possess: this makes it perfect (in its basic version) both for the novice both for the expert.
- These sequences are always improvisated and not tested before, this exercise is a free training where the practitioner learns to face the unpredictable happenings of a dynamic context (read The cloth training: deepening)
- Even it is not very clear the last blow touches the fabric cloth with the tip of the sword, throwing it against the camera (that slightly moves to the left)
- This is not juggling; in a demo or in an exhibition it is not so beautiful to see the fabric cloth going to the ground but it is a crucial part of the training (and if you never make it falling, it means that you are practicing at a level that will not increase your martial skills)
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about the most important exercises of 6DKF
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – A learning path related to the basic combat techniques of 6DKF
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Do you practice with weapons?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].