A 4-hours session (high intensity)
An example of an advanced daily training session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (4 hours, individual, including some special / specific tools and exercises).
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
- 10 minute of warm-up, free running with various cyclical punches and dodges (read for example How to punch (simple explanation), 5 running exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up and Preparing body to dodge punches (“U” motion))
- 1 hour of free and fast fighting with 5 moving targets hanging on elastic ropes (kicks, punches, elbows, knees, etc., read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball)
- 30 minutes of free and fast fighting with 5 moving targets hanging on elastic ropes and rigid training weapons at choice (sword, stick, knife, etc., read The basics of short sticks: safety and grip)
- 30 minutes of free and fast fighting with 5 moving targets hanging on elastic ropes and flexible training weapons at choice (whip, nunchaku, 3 sections stick, etc., read Start moving with the rope)
- 1 hour of dynamic throwing of wooden darts / tennis balls (run, recovery of the dart from the floor, stop, immediate throw to one of the various targets, without taking aim, fast-moving, no pauses)
- 50 minutes of execution of fighting techniques (with or without partners, read for example A FREE Home Study CHIN NA COURSE for BEGINNERS)
- The 5 moving targets can be configured in terms of size, type various ways (eg. small punching bags, speedballs or tennis balls)
- The moving targets should not be forcibly hung in 5 different elastic ropes (eg. from 1 to 3 attached to the same rope, see )
- Obviously, all the weapons involved must not be sharp (or must be securely covered)
- If we are not more than skilled practitioners (minimum 2 years of daily training) we cannot use heavy / real / unprotected weapons (especially if flexibles)
A note by Master Kongling – Remember this is not a training for a novice, it is dangerous and it requires a very high effort. Even this time we’ve included some specific tools (the speedballs, etc.) and some more particular exercises (fighting techniques, etc.), do not worry, we will see everything with specific articles.
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – If you have difficulties with the understanding of the core exercises, this video course is for you
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s WEAPONS – The development path of the 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s martial weapons
- Intensity of training: depends on what? – The key factors that change the level of effort of a workout session
- How to train with perseverance – Tips about how to maintain our training regularity
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What exercises are more fatiguing?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].