Unpredictability of unstable harmony in 6 Dragons Kung Fu
The wave that leads the ship to inexorably crash on the rocks.
Normally, the fighting styles that use soft structures do not combine with those who use the rigid ones but 6 Dragons Kung Fu tries to trigger an unstable process of constant change from solid to liquid.
The solid movements
Even it is not a fixed rule, in general terms, we could say that the solids movements have 2 advantages:
- They are simple to perform with precision (in terms of achievement of the target)
- They are fast because they follow more “direct” paths (read The best way to hit first: a little trick)
And 2 defects:
- They are often predictable (the human mind calculates more “easily” their trajectory)
- They can express only in part the potential of the human body (eg. the muscle chain, read Muscles chain: the difference between rigid and soft)
The liquid movements
Similarly, liquid movements have 2 advantages:
- If performed correctly, they are more unpredictable (their target is identified only in the last phase of action and it can change, read for example Dragon Motion: the swirling movements)
- They are powerful because they express, again if executed properly, all the power of the body
And 2 defects:
- They are difficult to perform in real situations (they require high-level skills, eg. the best spatial intelligence, read The most important skill in combat)
- They are slower because they follow “larger” paths (requiring this way a good timing)
The contrasting becomes complement
The solution is simple, we do not have to mix what is not mixable. Both in combat, both in the training phase:
- There are moments to use rigidity
- There are moments to use softness
- The exchange of solid and liquid can be a big advantage
Let’s see some examples of the implementation of the alternation between solid and liquid:
- Alter our pace of fight to confuse the opponents
- Adapt to any adversary and to each situation
- Take full advantage of the opportunities to strike simply and quickly
- Take full advantage to strike at full power
- Stop or follow the flow of our opponents
- During training, establish with liquid movements the best paths for the rigid ones (in relation to our body)
A note by Master Kongling – In our school, the simple principle that allows us to include things that appear irreconcilable, is the same that allows us to exploit the strengths of all the other combat styles (read 6DKF: what does it teach?).
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – The exercises that will allow you to know how and when to use rigid and soft movements
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – All the basic combat moves of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- The elastic rope and the contact with the opponent – An exercise to educate the body to change its structure abruptly
- Advanced concepts: the Persistent Movements – One of the highest level of control of our structure
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What do you prefer between solid and liquid structure?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].