To understand why the soft muscle chain is superior to that rigid we return to see the strength, the energy, like a metal ball that must flow through a tube (as we mentioned in past articles).
Our aim is to “shake” the pipe so as to throw the ball, well:
- In the case of the rigid chain (or semi-rigid) we would have to throw with a tube full of chopped joints by rigid segments
- In the case of soft chain instead we have in hand a flexible-elastic tube with a curvilinear and regular shape
As with the first we would find it hard to throw the ball a few meters away, with the second one it should not be difficult to launch more than 100 meters (without even using force).
We are the tube and the ball (the force) must find a way:
- Free of obstacles
- Free of vibrations or unwanted wavering
- Long enough to load all the power of our body
- Direct and controlled in a flexible way
- That follows as much as possible a whiplash trajectory
Only through the softness flows the true strength, the maximum thrust expressed by our body; all the rest can be more effective, faster but always less powerful.
With these preliminar informations we can already start to experiment, in future articles we will see, however, how to specifically develop the muscle chain.
Let’s repeat that muscle chain, if performed incorrectly and without the right conditioning, unleashes a force that can damage our joints (wrists, elbows, knees, shoulders, etc.): at the beginning let’s pay attention and let’s get moving slowly (we have to be gradual).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].