In the 6 Dragons Kung Fu (and generally in martial arts) coordination plays a very important role, it is in fact the ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time:
- Without losing focus (while maintaining the ability to think tactically)
- Without losing effectiveness (maintaining constant speed, power and precision)
- Without overlapping (maintaining an overall balance)
The first obvious thing to understand is that this ability is useful only when all of the contemporary actions that we perform is consistent.
It’s nothing out of the ordinary but to obtain a genuine coordination skills is necessary to force that “wrong imprinting” that the usual way of thinking and our educators have taught us. For our entire life from when we were children we were taught to perform an action at a time and our brain feels so difficult to work in a “multi-task mode”.
To overcome this gap, we must:
- Start using as many arts / muscles as possible in everyday life at the same time (eg. If we are entering a in a dark room, at the same moment in which the right hand turns on the light, the left one pushes the door and the knee accompanies it)
- In more complex actions (thinking included), we have to practice to understand how to move our focus from one task to another by checking their consistency cyclically (eg. 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4… like an analogic watch)
The second point, conceptually, may not be very clear for now but in the next article we will show a practical and simple exercise that will give us the opportunity to delve slowly in this new field.
Gradually we will be able to perform more and more complex tasks at the same time, which, as anyone can imagine, it benefits us enormously as in life as in a combat situation.
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].