A note by Master Kongling – With this article we continue the narration of my martial life (read Master Kongling: the night is darker before dawn).
The little difference in age was one of the factors that helped to build a great friendship with my master, made of mutual respect and profound sharing of experiences.
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
Already having a solid foundation, after only 6 months of preparation, he introduced me to other masters, to learn different points of view and to face (through private confrontations) their students.
It was in that cradle of Chinese’s arts (and not only) that I turned my martial “personality”:
- I learned, not without great difficulty, the importance of fortifying not only my body but also my mind (with meditation)
- I started to mature the idea (shared with my master) to put together new methods / ideas / techniques
A mind-blowing experience
From then on I knew I had opened the doors of a field where mind and body would never find boundaries. Every new day there was something to be learned / perfected / tested, every day my view was broadening:
- To be not only a passive receiver, I have intensely studied the theory behind other martial arts, combat systems, stealth methods (Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Systema and many other)
- Soon I arrived at 5-6 hours of daily practice and 2-4 hours of theoretical study (some of them at the same time with the workout)
A note by Master Koongling – The effort, even if coupled with other activities (working, social, sentimental, etc.), did not weigh at all, indeed, this constant evolution and Socratic consciousness of my ignorance / inability was (and is) an infinite source of satisfaction.
I was no longer worried / bored by the idea of having to train me steadily (as it was at Jeet Kune Do’s time) but from not being able to train me enough.
The source of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s knowledge
At each confrontation, at each workout, I wrote tons of ideas, techniques, reflections, questions, debates, comparisons (etc.) on martial arts (and not only):
- I was looking for a harmonious mix between past and present, desire to innovate and respect for what from the tradition has value
- It is here that I started outlining the technical and methodological bases of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
The importance of a guide
Reading my notes, my master realized that the ideas derived from these experiences were of value but were confused, sketched, not systematic. So I began to put my doubts under the consideration of his experience and the result that came out was something that made us so excited that we wanted to share it with everyone.
Thus began the (still ongoing) phase of consolidation, teaching and diffusion of 6 Dragons Kung Fu:
- The first sporadic students arrived (kids, friends, curious, “opponents”, etc.)
- I started to publish free articles on the internet (through social networks, opening the official website, etc.)
The impact with teaching gave a real turn to 6 Dragons Kung Fu; at the same time, I had to deal with experts of other styles and with total novices: each with different needs and potentials to maximize.
My goal was (and is) to give them the same learning opportunity my master had given me.
In a short time an almost familiar relationship was established with:
- The practitioners who followed us online (with all the difficulties of that period)
- The ones in live-presence
I was (and I am) always thinking about methods to offer them the best… filtering, learning, searching, adapting, experimenting (etc.).
Continue (read Master Kongling: facing the other martial arts)…
- 6DKF: what does it teach? – A sum-up of the most important teaching of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- Analysis and improvement of performance – The importance of marking the positive / negative variations of our performances
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Have you ever found a person who can open your mind?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].