Although it never really happened, I was afraid of losing control of my actions and of hurting the people beside me. In this void, in this darkness:
- My life got in a bad direction, I let myself go both physically and psychologically (I quickly got to weigh 112kg and was growing further)
- Everything was confused, everything was losing sense all the perspectives seemed to evaporate like snow in the sun
To this negative spiral followed a meeting that radically changed my life, I came across the man who I am proud and honored to be able to recognize as my first true Master.
Through a few friends I met a this chinese boy and from the first approach he demostrated me martial skills outside of the norm (far above what I had ever directly seen in the whole arc of my life); for him it was enough a single, simple, painless kick on my knee to let me falling down.
I was completely out of shape but I had practiced martial arts for years, how could it be that I had no idea on how he could, with such simplicity, put me down? I was shocked.
So, jokingly, he wondered if I wanted kung fu lessons. I refused. A little for fear and a bit for the wounded pride. However, after this event, the interest about martial arts was re-ignited in me:
- I looked at him and realized I was not what I wanted, I reflected for a long and finally I’ve decided to resume training (with great effort, my body was broken, I was practically not even able to run or jump)
- I started to connect the theoretical study of martial arts to the practical training, I began to consciously redesign every aspect of my body, my mind, and their interactions
Time passed and then I realized that I could reply to his challenge with another one: I’ve asked him to open my mind to the kung fu.
I had the opportunity to see him again and he, surprised, agreed to give me the first lessons, almost as a game. He taught me with the practice that kung fu really means “hard work”, he did not teached me the bases but he directly started to form my body to kung fu and, at the same time, (his view of) kung fu to my body:
- With long and intense training sessions I lost almost 20kg, he taught me that nothing was impossible
- He taught me that the true essence of kung fu is not in form or style, but it lies in the heart, in the mind and is the expression of our being
- I know, this part of my story seems the one from the film “Birth of the dragon” but probably each person that has started the study of Jeet Kune Do with a good master had a similar one)
- In the photo, the passage of a punch of my Master on my left hand (an abrasion due to his conditioned knuckles); during summer the scars are still visible today
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].