Martial arts: the disappointment
A note by Master Kongling – With this article we continue the narration of my martial life started with Who is Master Kongling?.
Although it never really happened, I was afraid of losing control of my actions and of hurting the people beside me.
In this void (in this darkness):
- My life got in a bad direction; disappointed, I let myself go both physically and psychologically (I quickly got to weigh 112 Kg and I was rapidly going further)
- Everything was confused, everything was losing sense all the perspectives seemed to evaporate like snow in the sun
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
A big change
To this negative spiral followed a meeting that radically changed my life, I came across the man who I am proud and honored to be able to recognize as my first True Master.
Through a few friends, I met a Chinese boy and from the first approach he demonstrated to me martial skills outside of the norm (far above what I had ever directly seen in the whole arc of my life).
For him, it has been enough a single, simple, painless kick on my knee to let me fall down.
I was completely out of shape but I practiced martial arts for years, how could it be that I had no idea about how he could, with such simplicity, put me down? I was shocked.
Jokingly, he wondered if I wanted kung fu lessons. I refused. A little for fear and a bit for the wounded pride.
A reborn interest
However, after this event, the interest in martial arts was re-ignited in me:
- I looked at him and realized I was not what I wanted, I reflected for a long and finally, I have decided to resume training (with great effort, my body was broken, I was practically not even able to run or jump)
- I started to connect the theoretical study of martial arts to practical training, I began to consciously redesign every aspect of my body, my mind, and their interactions
- From a passive element of the learning process, I become an active one (as our school teaches to do at each student)
Time passed and then I realized that I could reply to the challenge of that man with another one: I have asked him to open my mind to Kung Fu.
After a few weeks, I had the opportunity to see him again and he, surprised, agreed to give me the first lessons, almost as a game.
He taught me through the practice that Kung Fu really means “hard work”. He did not teach me the bases but he directly started to shape my body to Kung Fu and, at the same time, (his view of) Kung Fu to my body:
- He taught me that nothing was impossible and with long and intense training sessions I lost almost 20kg
- He taught me that the true essence of Kung Fu is not in forms or styles but it lies in the heart, in the mind and is the expression of our being
A note by Master Kongling – In this photo (the content may not be suitable for everyone), the passage of a punch of my Master on my left hand (an abrasion due to his conditioned knuckles); during summer the scars are still visible today.
Continue (read Master Kongling: confrontations and teaching)…
- The Core Course’s structure – How the lessons of the Core Course has been designed
- Measure ourselves with errors – Why it is so important to do the “right” errors
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What has been the lowest point of your life (in martial terms)?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].