Street fight vs sport competitions
No matter what kind of training the contenders have done, street fights don’t look like:
- Forms, sequences (etc.)
- Martial arts movies choreographies
- Ring combat (boxing, MMA competitions, etc.)
They do not have rules:
- Time limits
- Recovery times
- Prohibited techniques
They do not provide any kind of protections:
- Safe environment
They do not allow us to choose when to fight:
- Not after 6-12 months of psychophysical preparation (read )
- By surprise (eg. during the night, read How to always be ready to fight)
- Without stretching / warm-up (read How to correctly perform stretching and How to correctly perform warm-up)
They do not allow us to choose the opponents, they can be:
- Against a person without any kind of honor / respect in relation to us (read Dojo (guan): rules, respect and etiquette)
- Against an opponent bigger and stronger than us (read How to deal with a taller opponent: 12 functional tips)
- Against multiple opponents (read How to fight with more than one opponent at the same time)
- Against a person that we cannot choose or refuse
In a real fight:
- We always have to cover all our weak parts (genitals, eyes, etc., read )
- We cannot stop the struggle (read Personal defense: the S.A.F.E. method)
- The risk to die or suffer big damages is 10 times higher (read Best martial arts for self-defense)
- We cannot use techniques that leave uncovered our weak parts
- We (or our opponents) could be dressed in a favorable (eg. boots with a hard tip) or unfavorable way (eg. clumsy clothes)
- Sometimes, simply, we have no chances to prevail and the only solution is to negotiate or escape (read )
- Why martial arts do not work: 5 reasons – Why martial arts are not good for self-defense
- The fighter and the warrior – The crucial difference between a fighter and a warrior
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What is the biggest difference between street and sports combats?
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].