A free mini-guide about the basics of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s trapping methods
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
- Dojo (guan): rules, respect and etiquette – The necessary safety and respect rules to be followed for a serious training
- How to correctly perform warm-up – Before starting any kind of martial activity it is mandatory to warm our body (to avoid injuries, etc.)
- How to correctly perform stretching – After a good warm-up we must perform a few elongations (with special attention to the limbs / joints involved)
The trapping methods
- Trapping – What is trapping and what is its purpose in our combat system
- Trapping’s basics: move and hit – The first trapping method of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- TRAPPING’s BASICS: Control and Act – The second trapping method of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- Trapping: 4 EASY to LEARN Techniques (video) – A didactical example of 4 basic trapping interactions
- 32 TRAPPING DRILLS samples – A demonstration of various levels of trapping training sequences
Exercises and training tools
- The Wing Chun dummy – The characteristic dummy of Wing Chun is one of the best tools to work on mobility over solid structures
- The exercise with the plastic or rattan ring – A good way to learn to move in small spaces
- The 6DKF’s PVC wooden dummy – A “reactive” dummy to learn to manage liquid structures
- Speed training with the wooden dummy – A “variation” of our wooden dummy to learn to face, at the same time, liquid and solid structures
- Sparring type 2: close combat – The best way to make our trapping skills combat-ready
- Advanced training with the skeleton dummy – An important practice to understand the dynamics of the human body
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – The best exercises to develop the necessary precision and tactile sensitivity for trapping
- Advanced speed and reflexes training – A video course about how to improve speed and reactivity
- The 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s states of interaction – A mini-guide about how to interact with the opponent
- A FREE Home Study CHIN NA COURSE for BEGINNERS – A mini-guide about the next step of trapping
If you want to ask for specific articles or give priority to one that is already scheduled, read Learn Kung Fu online: request a specific article.
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].