In this discussion we are going to list some of the most common attitudes that, in real life, we must warn against a possible and real aggression.
Here are the contextual signals that identify a (probable) imminent attack:
- Point (aggressively) the finger with the hand tightened to an height greater than the neck
- Hands gesturing with fast movements, violent and sharp
- Stiffening of the nostrils accompanied by slight movement of the ears and by raising the outer part of the eyebrows
- Step forward with the opposite leg to his “favorite” (eg. the right for lefties)
- Variation in the speech (speeding up or slowing down), this means that his mind is busy to plan the attack
- Various and any nervous tics (cheeks, mouth, eyes, etc.)
- Redness of the cheeks, a general warming of the upper half of the body
- The violation of our “breathing space”, he enter insistently in that circle which is defined around us by our arms stretched parallels to the ground
- Just before the attack his back stiffen and rise up, the chin drops (instinctively to protect the neck)
- Look to the right and left without a reason (to find general danger)
- The pupils dilate
- Close the eyes and raise your eyebrows in the sense of tolerance, resulting in stronger and wider exhalation from the mouth and nose
For consistency must be said that:
- Only one signal is not necessarily indicative of an imminent attack
- A pair of concurrent signals are indicative of a high risk of attack
- Of course, in no case we find all the listed signals simultaneously
- We are all different and there may be some signs differ
- Only direct experience will develop our ability to understand how people feels
These signals are identified mainly in the “ordinary” people, martial artists / athletes of fighting disciplines have slightly different contextual cues: we will see them in the next article.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].