Each limb, or better, each element of our body is able to express a given performance that goes from 0% to 100% (in terms of speed, power, precision, etc.), but, it is interesting to highlight that this potential is:
- Incredibly less than what our brains could dynamically handle
- Almost always less than what could bear a (trained, healthy and warm) given limb within the limits of his mobility
- Different and asymmetric between the different parts of our body (eg. Right hand and left hand, legs and arms, etc.)
These three assertions automatically suggest us one thing: if we can concatenate or sum the effectiveness of the various elements of our body, the potential efficiency that may be used could exceed a lot of times the 100% that we mentioned earlier and without any damage (in combat, in sport or in any physical exercise).
Before going into the details, it’s necessary to explain a distinction that in 6DKF is very important, when we talk about:
- Chaining, we are alluding to the muscle chain, Internally connect the largest possible number of Adjacent body elements
- Sum, we are alluding instead to the connection of Non-Adjacent body elements via External contact to the body
In future articles we will see what it means, in practice, concatenate and sum the effectiveness of the various parts of our body (we will see how, why and when it’s worth doing, when it works and when not).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].