A 4-hours session (middle-high intensity)
An example of a daily advanced individual session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s training performed in a small space (2x2m, 4 hours, without special / specific tools):
- 10 minutes of body conditioning (hitting ourselves with bare hands, read Body Conditioning: the slapping and Conditioning to pain: hitting our body)
- 10 minutes of abs (various, read for example Exercise 1 for the abs to develop the muscle chain or Exercise 2 for the abs to develop the muscle chain)
- 10 minutes of running (standing in place or going back and forward, read also 5 running exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 10 minutes of belt free rotations / revolutions (let’s play attention to the ambient, read The Spiral Muscle Chain: twists and screws of the body)
- 10 minutes of fabric cloth training (arms only, read Basic tools: the cloth)
- 10 minutes of fabric cloth training (legs only)
- 10 minutes of fabric cloth training (arms and legs)
- 10 minutes of dynamic manipulation of a chair or a stool (various rotations, leave and grab, etc.)
- 10 minutes of push-ups (various, read for example 5 push-up exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 10 minutes of flying kicks (various, also with rotations but from a standing position)
- 10 minutes of (Wing Chun like) punches sequences
- 10 minutes of fast parries arm against arm (softness and sensibility conditioning, read Conditioning check for the impact)
- 10 minutes of fast and free knife manipulation (soft touch skill development with a training knife)
- 10 minutes of various kind of balance standing positions (grabbing and strongly compressing 2 bottles of water, read for example The correct position of the rider (ma bu))
- 30 minutes of poles training (against any object of the ambient, calibrating each time power in relation to the object involved, read Basic tools: the pole)
- 10 minutes of throwing and flying recovering of a pen / pencil (read A pencil dexterity exercise for the use of knife)
- 1 hour of 6DKF’s first form
This is a good training for who does not have space or special training tools or for who simply is far from home (hotel, workplace, etc.).
A note by Master Kongling – I remember when, a lot of time ago, I was practicing in my small room at night (eg. with the hanging speedball, read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball), disturbing grandmaster Yang Jwing-Ming who was sleeping on the other side of the wall. I do not consider myself a great martial artist so even if it may seem insane, if on one side, I wanted to learn new things, on the other, I did not want to lose what I was already training. Those were very joyous times where I added to the 6-9 hours a day of White Crane, Long Fist, Qi Gong and Tai Chi (Taiji), other 4-5 hours of 6 Dragons Kung Fu. Memorable memories, I was incredibly tired but incredibly happy.
The level of this training is calibrated for every kind of 6DKF’s practitioners (eventually some things can be a little increased / decreased in difficulty), it is not too dangerous and it does not require an excessive effort. The only requirement is to have good spatial intelligence and spatial memory (to do not break delicate objects or worse get hurt, read The most important skill in combat).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.