In a self-defense situation is it possible to recognize the preparation level of a possible aggressor only looking at him (stance, way of moving, etc.)?
No. We cannot be sure, we can try to read some of the most common signals but we cannot and we must not be sure.
The difficulty comes from these reasons:
- An intelligent opponent hides / lower his real skills until they are completely necessary (in a true self-defense scenario we will rarely see, for example, a boxer assuming his guard position until it is strictly necessary); if we face (eg. during a quarrel) a person assuming immediately a declared guard stance without a real need, probably he simply has fear and he is not an expert, but this does not mean that he is not dangerous at all
- A good fighter can be so sure of himself (a wrong attitude) to have the arrogance of exposing himself not showing immediately his combat settings (eg. provoking us without a guard, etc.); this does not mean at all that will be easy to defeat him (this could also be a trap)
- The fact that we recognize for example a Judo stance, does not mean at all that the opponent knows only that martial art (with its approach, techniques, limits, strong points, etc.), it only means that it is possible that he knows something about it, nothing more
Let’s always accept the odds, reject certainties.
Why is this article so short?
This is a draft:
- If you want us to write the entire article vote it with sharing, likes, tweet (etc.)!
- With the social buttons below you can tell us you are interested in this topic!
- This way we will always publish first the contents that interest you most!
The more you vote, the sooner we will publish the complete article!
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].