As we have mentioned, there are many types of bodily conditioning (for hands, abdominal, legs, etc.) and to each of them corresponds more and more effectiveness tests:
- Breaking (eg. of bricks)
- Flexion (eg. splitting)
- Resistance (eg. stick strokes)
- Spatial intelligence (eg. handling two flying objects simultaneously)
- Balance (eg. running fight movements with a bowl of water in our hand)
- Accuracy (eg. dynamically targeting very small targets only with one finger)
As it is easy to see, the tests listed correspond to 6DKF’s exercises, this is because each of them is potentially a test; at all times we must be able to measure, stabilize and improve our performance.
There is no point of arrival, there is always something harder to break, higher to reach, more difficult to hit, more devastating to undergo (etc.); the important thing for a good practitioner is to know well before attempting a test:
- If he is or is not able to overcome it (without temporary damages, long, chronic, etc.)
- If he can only do a part o the test (in terms of time, space, mode, etc.)
- If the risk of bankruptcy is too high compared to his ability (by putting away pride and / or excessive humility)
Without this kind of aptitude, we will be constantly exposed to accidents of all kinds. We will never stop to repeat that a skill (from the most incredible to the most trivial) is acquired only when it becomes a “normal” thing and never when we can express it only under particular conditions:
- When we’re in a perfect shape
- After an (exaggeratedly) long warming
- Through aids / facilitations / educational contexts
- When we have accomplished it only once (for reasons that we did not understand)
In a nutshell, this means that if a certain skill corresponds to 100, we must actually be able (occasionally) to express 120; The key point of a similar way of thinking is that even when we are in bad shape, we still have to be able to express at least 100.
In the next article we will see some tests and reflections in relation to the impact resistance of our bodily elements.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].