In any combat situation our mobility (active or passive, positive or negative) is critical, more in our movements we are able to be unpredictable, fast and constantly balanced, more chances we have to prevail.
In the 6DKF there are several methods of moving:
- Upper mobility (with upper limbs)
- Lower mobility (with lower limbs)
- Stable anchorage (with immovable entity)
- Unstable anchorare (with mobile or partially mobile entities)
Contrary to what we could think, these types of movement have in common the fact that they always take advantage from the entire body, what differs between them is simply the point from which the thrust starts as well as the mode.
However, before proceeding we need to mention what it takes to excel in balance management; in order to effectively learn the techniques that we will describe it is important to train our body:
- To outsource at least in part the soft power (useful to give inertia to the movements)
- To externalize explosive power into smaller space / time (useful to start movements)
- To assume instinctively partly or completely solid states (stiffening)
- To assume instinctively partly or completely liquids states (relaxation)
- To assume instinctively partly or completely elastic states (loading and unloading)
- To assume instinctively partly or completely fluid states (dispersion)
- To keep our center of gravity in constant dynamic equilibrium
- To manage the dynamic space around us precisely (where we are, where we want to go, what elements come into play, etc.)
The more these skills are developed, the more we will be able to move in a fast and unexpected way, to change direction abruptly and (above all) to always be in favorable positions of attack / defense.
Probably the introduction of so many concepts may have created some doubt but in the next few articles of this series will describe in detail and with practical examples the four types of mobility that we have mentioned.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].