A selection of activities to perform during summer
Holidays are always a terrible enemy for martial arts’ constancy: we gain weight, we become lazy and we end up abandoning the practice.
If we really want to pursue a serious path, it is a good rule never to stop training but rather to adapt our daily workout (from time to time) to our needs (for rest, light-heartedness and fun).
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
Exercises to perform on the water
- Water movements: the secrets paths exercise – Another good practice but this time to build strength
- Preparing the body to dodge punches (“U” motion) – An exercise that, especially in the water, increases speed and resistance
- 5 ground crawling exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up – On the shore, crawling is much more difficult and tiring, it is worth trying
- 5 jumping exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up – Jumping on water can exponentially increase our stamina
Exercises to perform on the sand
- 5 STRETCHING EXERCISES with a STICK – Ideal for stretching our body while on the beach
- 5 running exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up – Running by the sea, a classic that, with the complicity of the sun, forges our resistance
- 4-limbs running exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up – Running by the sea is an excellent exercise, using your arms can be even better
- The easiest method to do the side split – How to get the split while sunbathing
- What are breakfalls and how to learn them – Train the controlled fallings on the sand is easy and safe, let’s do not miss this opportunity
- Earth movements: the sand whirls exercise – What better occasion to exploit the sand for impact conditioning
- The correct position of the rider (ma bu) – If we forcibly have to stand still under the sun, why not developing our standing stamina?
Exercises to perform on the rocks
- Iron Palm conditioning (for beginners) – What better moment to start a gradual path to Iron Palm?
- The 6 stones: an exercise to develop coordination – An easy exercise that develops our spatial intelligence and quick reasoning skills
- Fortify toes: the first exercise – Another good occasion to work on impact conditioning, in this case of the toes
Exercises to perform everywhere
- Stretch the upper limbs: 3 easy exercises – Easy upper limbs stretching exercises
- Dynamic stretching: an exercise for the lower limbs – Easy lower limbs stretching exercises
- 5 push-up exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up – A simple and gradual approach to push-ups
- A great 1-minute cardio exercise – In 1 minute, all the effort we need to start to develop stamina
- EXERCISE 1 for the ABS to Develop the MUSCLE CHAIN – Abs are always good, especially while we sunbathe
- Exercise 2 for the abs to develop the muscle chain – Another good abdominal development practice
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A complete explanation of the fundamental technical exercises of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- Diamond Finger conditioning – A complete video course on how to develop the 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s Diamond Finger
- Standing stamina: what is and its development – The basic information about this Kung Fu skill
- The most important skill in combat – What is spatial intelligence and why it is so important
If you want to ask for specific articles or give priority to one that is already scheduled, read Learn Kung Fu online: request a specific article.
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].