Although if in words it is very difficult to be comprehensive, in this article we show a practical example of swapping between solid liquid and fluid techniques / movements.
This example is not an effective fighting technique but rather an incentive to try our first combinations (the actual techniques of 6DKF are part of a broader discussion that we will develop further below):
- Let’s imagine an opponent throw a punch to the mouth of our abdomen
- We have to absorb the outstretched fist with a liquid stance (leaving our body free and soft)
- As a wave, we have dissipate the energy absorbed with the entire body and, in particular, with arms
- We also have to rotate slightly on the side channeling out the punch power (we have to gain a position specular to the opponent’s body)
- Let’s freely flow our arms in a circular motion in the direction of the opponent
- Let’s imagine that the opponent, after the impact, has an opened guard (his arms are rather expanses)
- Let’s scroll our hands on the opponent’s arms, from the top to the wrists
- Let’s try to be quick but natural (what slips hides its intention)
- Let’s rotate our hands during the movement
- While our fingers slide on the arms we have to kick the opponent’s toes closest to us
- We have to block the opponent’s foot with all our weight (our foot must be in front of its and not above)
- At the same time we have to grab the opponent’s wrists (one in each hand)
- We have to lower our head to align the opponent’s nose to a semi-central area of our forehead
- Let’s aggressively rotate to the outside the opponent’s wrists with a rotational whip movement (his arms are open)
- Pivoting with the foot the opponent is automatically projected toward us
- Let’s do a little jump and let’s unleash the power of the muscle chain (starting from the toes)
- Let’s hurl our forehead on the opponent’s nose
Let’s repeat that this is not a real fighting technique (lack many details) but, right now, what interests us is to see how we can tie 3 seemingly incompatible aspects (solid, liquid and fluid).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].