Why and when Kung Fu is worth learning
Kung Fu, in martial terms, is worth to be studied when:
- It is taught as a style of life
- It does not end after the practice
- It permeates every aspect of our essence
- It is taught to search within ourselves
- It is taught to give a direction to our good and bad energies
- It is taught as a way to search for excellence (not only in combat)
- It is taught without recurring to fantasies, tricks or mysticism
- It is explained rationally and transparently
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
When Kung Fu is not worth to be studied
When someone asks if Kung Fu is worth learning, he almost always refers to the fighting effectiveness aspect (read Why martial arts do not work: 5 reasons) but there is much more than that.
Kung Fu is not worth to be studied when:
- It becomes a shortcoming to violence, prevarication, pride and false illusions
- It becomes a way of sectarian closure in the past (in the name of an “original tradition” that never existed, Kung Fu is a constant evolution toward perfection)
- It is taught in its watered-down version, devoid of depth and practical concreteness
- It is taught by the wrong person (read Recognize a good / bad master: 5 characteristics)
10 reasons to start to learn Kung Fu
A real and deep (not a 1-hour-per-week amatorial) Kung Fu training:
- Can give us a kind of self-esteem, serenity and awareness that almost nothing can replace (it is the way to constant happiness)
- Teaches us that, when we are focused like a laser, we can do much more than we may think (it is the way to take in our hands the reins of our life)
- Through self-control, it prepares our mind to self-preservation (avoid the problems)
- Through technical and physical training (sparring, etc.), it prepares our body to self-defense (face the problems)
- Teaches us through patience and rational analysis, what is worth to do and what not
- Builds a strong and healthy body, it leads us to a level of wellness and control never experimented before (it builds a lot of energy, prevents malaises, etc.)
- Destroys irrational fears (eg. the one of the obscurity in the children)
- Destroys almost all the most common physical and mental weaknesses (vices, etc.)
- Gives a controlled direction to the instinctive and bestial part that (more or less consciously) distinguishes every living being
- Gives us a reason to go to sleep mentally clean and satisfied, every day
- 12 Things That change for 6DKF’s practitioners (mental)
- 10 things that change for 6DKF’s practitioners (physical)
4 reasons to do not start to learn Kung Fu
It is not a good idea to start a Kung Fu path if:
- We are searching for a series of fast / small tricks to easily prevail against everyone (this happens only in movies, real martial skills require real dedication, read How to acquire special abilities)
- We think that it is something to do for a few time or to let the time pass (if we are lucky, our passion will endure 2 months and then we will leave read Motivation: from passion to self-discipline)
- We are not ready to sacrifice anything, to face our limits and to fail (read Measure ourselves with errors)
- We are searching for a comfortable path (the bigger the fatigue, the bigger the results but the bigger the results, the less fatigue is felt)
A note by Master Kongling – Let’s be clear, everyone can do whatever he wants but starting to search a martial arts course with these assumptions is the best way to be cheated by the so-called Mc Dojo schools. Remember: if a know-how is within everyone’s reach without effort, it is not even worth it to waste a single minute on it.
In-depth video courses
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – The exercises to build a reactive body for the martial practice
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – All the fundamental combat moves of 6 Dragons Kung Fu in one course
- How to follow our KUNG FU HOME STUDY Course – How to attend the Core Course lessons and gain the best results
- How to start practicing from scratch – The path from zero to martial arts expert
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What is the reason you want to address the Kung Fu study?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].