Hands conditioning is not a matter of gender, we have to choose our training path in relation to our specific goals:
- Gain breaking-related abilities
- Be able to sustain a real self-defense situation
The problem is not being male or female, Kung Fu does not make these kinds of distinctions, the real point is, whether you are male or female:
- Are you willing to dedicate your time?
- Are you willing to proceed with extreme patience and gradualness?
- Are you willing to devote maximum concentration?
- Are you willing to face the inevitable risks of serious training?
If the answer to all of these questions is “yes”, iron palm conditioning it’s within your reach (read Iron palm conditioning).
We simply have to ask ourselves what we want to do and what we are disposed to do for our objectives.
The different levels of hands conditioning
There are different levels of hands conditioning, one of the first (read Hands conditioning: first approach with a bag of rice) is the one that allows us, for example, to hit a standing still human body without (easily) breaking our bones (avoiding the impact with moving rigid parts).
This type of resistance, if performed in the right way, does not involve any kind of (extremely visible) external alterations of the skin surface (only during its development, we will have a lot of bruises, redness, etc.).
A good alternative
Otherwise, if we do not want to condition our hands there is no problem: we can hit using open palms (it’s completely affordable and very effective in terms of self-defense, we will talk about this).
- Physical conditioning: how it works – The general path to the conditioning of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
- Conditioning check for the impact – How to truly check the quality of our impact resistance conditioning
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.