In the 6DKF the construction of the iron palm is (as already mentioned) the result of a long process of improving, mental (concentration, etc.) and physical (conditoning, etc.); in short, we must treat the evolution of:
- A passive structure (hardening of the bones, muscles, etc.)
- An active structure (the control of breathing, Qi, etc.)
In this regard a proper iron palm research includes:
- Diluted exercises at regular intervals within our workout
- Progressive exercises (with eventual steps back)
- Reasonable recovery times for our hands
- Constant attention to what our body tells us
- Specific treatments of our skin with ointments and self-massage
- No period of inactivity for our hands (in advanced ages it can be dangerous)
A correct practice allows us to avoid:
- Chronic rheumatic pain (eg. at the variation of air humidity)
- To have an outer layer of calluses and skin deformations
- To lose tactile sensitivity
- The damage in a severe way bone, muscle, etc.
With this in mind we must establish a process of conditioning / strengthening aimed at specific goals through activities commensurate to our level; here are the different types of exercises essential to our purpose:
- Breaking / penetration / striking
- Tension / relaxation / resistance
- Concatenation / harmonization of movements
- Breathing and Qi Management
- Pain control, limitation and tolerance
Gradually we will see them all; in the next article we will see exercises combined with surfaces to be beaten.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].