After having familiarized with the conditioning to pain, we can add a new exercise to the range of those available to us, the auto-percussion of our body (as the precedent it is not mandatory but it is important).
We have said this in the past article but we want to repeat that the conditioning process must be gradual, we have to carefully drop the strength against ourselves (especially if our skills already allow us to deliver ample power in a very small space).
- We have to start to gently poke our body (from head to toe)
- We do not want to leave uncovered parts, we need to cover the entire surface of our body
- Let’s hit with rhythmic cadence at 1 second intervals
- Let’s hit a maximum of 2 times the same point
- Depending on where we hit we need to learn to place our hands in the most effective way
- Let’s pay great attention to delicate parts like ears, nose, neck, temples, eyes, cheekbones, chin, mouth, genitals, hips, the lower back (etc. and generally the central line of body)
- Let’s perform the exercise for 10 minutes
To perform this type of conditioning is important (through the last slapping exercise) to have already an idea of the points that can bring more damage / pain in order to measure the power properly.
Even here, after 5-6 sessions we can start:
- Giving more power/intensity
- Use more technical in hitting
- Hitting with a more rapid rhythmic cadence
- Hitting up to 10 times the same part
Our goal is not to hurt ourselves but to become, with time, less sensitive (mind and body) to increasingly intense pain; in this context it should be stressed that in this type of exercises we must not perform pain absorption / mitigation techniques.
As we will see later, during a real fight the pain suffered must be: accepted, transformed, controlled and / or ignored.
In the next article, we will see a third type of more intense pain conditioning. Let us not anticipate the times, faster to condition means getting hurt, does not mean toughen ourselves.
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].