The origin and consistency of the body control methods of 6 Dragons Kung Fu
In 6 Dragons Kung Fu, we teach various body control methods and they are inspired by:
- Ancient Shaolin methods
- Qi Gong (read )
- TCM (traditional chinese medicine)
- Modern medicine
- Direct experience
In our school, we do not teach anything of:
For example, we talk about:
- Control of body temperature (a basic example How to control the perception of cold)
- Control of mind states (a basic example How to use emotions in workout and combat)
- Various kinds of conditioning (a basic example Hands conditioning: first approach with a bag of rice)
- Flexibility (a basic example The easiest method to do the side split)
How do we separate fantasy from reality
In this field, tricks and deceptions are widespread, that’s why we decided to give ourselves some basic rules on which to take our steps (both in terms of teaching both experimenting new possibilities).
In terms of advanced body control, our school starts from these simple points:
- Do not teach what you cannot replicate – If we have been unable to replicate one thing, we do not teach it (this should be obvious but in our field it is not at all)
- Be open-minded and skeptical at the same time – Use as much as possible the Scientific Method as a refer (this is the only way to discover lies, fakes, tricks and misunderstanding)
- Be rational and practical – If a normal person, trough a specific path, can do one thing (with the same premises) we can probably do it too (even trough trial and error, read Measure ourselves with errors)
- If it works involuntarily, it could also work voluntarily – If our body is capable of doing one thing involuntary and without external help, it is possible (not certain) that it can do it also voluntarily
- The knowledge must evolve – The divergent thinking, the juxtapositions and the experimentation is at the base of evolution; there are a lot of things that we can do and we do not know and only by continuing to walk we can improve
Last but not least: we refuse certainties to embrace probabilities.
Direct a and indirect control of the body
As everyone knows only a small part of the capabilities that humans can express are easily activable, a lot of them require what, in our school, we call a “direct” or “indirect” key.
The direct-key categories:
- Training – There are things that we can do through direct (internal or external) control but only after a precise practice path (eg. work with the diaphragm)
- Conditioning – There are things (eg. flexibility) that we can do only manipulating our body (stretching it, strengthening it, etc.)
A note by Master Kongling – The diaphragm is an involuntary muscle but its activity can also be altered voluntarily.
The indirect-key categories:
- Consequential activation – There are things that we cannot alterate directly (eg. the heart rate) but that we can activate through other elements under our control (eg. breathing)
- Deception – There are things that our body do only in response to specific situations, completely beyond the reach of the conscious mind (eg. the goosebumps in the photo) but that fictitious stimulations can activate
In this incredible range of action, everyone can understand that there are plenty of things (simple and hard) that, as human beings, we are capable to reach.
In-depth video courses
- Diamond Finger conditioning – How to develop an advanced level Kung Fu skill to hit with the finger
- Hand grip strength conditioning – How to strengthen and improve the grabbing capability of the hands
- Physical conditioning: how it works – The basic notions about the physical conditioning of our school
- Breathe Yoga: the warrior’s breathing – One of the most important breathing techniques
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What type of body controls would you like to master?
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].