After listing what we need to arm ourselves, here, in broad terms, the use of the equipment and their main functions in 6DKF.
- The long sticks are studied primarily as effective weapons, and secondly as a preparatory to the use of other weapons (halberd, etc.) and finally to perform some exercises (eg. fortification of the wrists, etc.)
- The shorter stick simulates primarily the knives but, collaterally, acts as a weapon (brass knuckles, kubotan, etc.)
- The pair of short sticks is studied as a weapon but is also preparatory to the use of other weapons (truncheons, machete, Wing Chun butterfly knives, etc.)
- The average length stick is studied as a weapon of itself and especially to simulate the various types of swords with one or two hands grip (katana, ninjato, wakizashi, double edged chinese swords, ecc.)
- The nunchaku is used as a weapon itself, as a tool for various exercises and especially as a weapon in preparation to all other flexible arms (3-section stick, 9 sections chain, etc.)
- The bungee cords are key components for about 2/3 of the exercises we’re going to run, and at the same time are preparatory to flexible weapons (whip, kusarigama, etc.)
- The Tennis balls are used for many exercises and especially as a first approach to throw weapons
- The broken stockings are needed to compose many of the training tools that we will gradually use
- The football balls are a good obstacle and a fondamental complement of certain exercises / tools
- The rice bag is needed for the first phase of the conditioning of our body
- The net bags are necessary to hang football balls (if we do not buy speedballs)
- Broken t-shirts are necessary for the training with the fabric we mentioned above (one of the most important exercises in 6DKF)
- The chopsticks serve as second approach to throw weapons (throwing knives, darts, shurikens, etc.)
- The sandbags serve as ballast for particular execises
- The diary is good to write down everything that we wish in the course of our workouts (errors, ideas, questions, etc.), a very important tool
- The fisherman jilet serves us as a garment to be ballasted with sandbags
- The handlebar with the weights we need not only for arms but also to fortify various parts of our body
- The black T-shirts serve as a dress for training
- The gloves, we will wear them a little but we need them to make uncomfortable the grip with weapons and to do not cut off our skin superficially in certain exercises (our conditioning aims above all to sculpt / develop muscoles and bones and not so much to develop excessive calluses/fat)
- The man long socks go over the pants to avoid obstructions near the ankles
- The polyester pants allow us to kick without constraints (at each heigth) letting slip the fabric on the skin without rubbing (this is not a secondary thing)
- Low shoes, we need them to get used to do not have any benefit/alteration in terms of vertical thrust and to have a good perception of the ground (however some exercises are performed in bare feet and some other with everyday shoes)
The basic equipment (except for the bow, blowgun and a few other things) provides us the foundation to use and / or learn with greater ease any type of similar (proper / improper) weapon.
Finally it should be said that this is the basic equipment for training, everything else, is a consequence of what we have already listed, and it is up to us to decide whether, in due time, we want or not to procure / construct / assemble to test / learn a specific one (flexible sword, hatchet, tiger claw sword, kama, 3-section stick, tonfa, 9 sections chain, kusarigama, manrikigusari, sai, meteor hammer, all the other ninja weapons, other shaolin weapons, etc.).
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.