Combat training (intermediate level)
An example of execution of Poles exercise
In this video, we show a practical example of the Poles practice (in the particular case, Master Kongling performs the intermediate version of the exercise against 8 door’s jambs).
This training is one of the fundamental technical exercises of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (read) and it promotes: spatial intelligence, coordination, precision, quick reasoning, conditioning, flow quality and much more.
A note by Master Kongling – The method of execution demonstrated in the video (speed, moves, level of impact, etc.) is not for beginners but the type of practice is very simple and accessible to everyone.
- This is one of the fundamental 6 Dragons Kung Fu practices (read Basic tools: the pole)
- The first rule is that you cannot stand still
- The second rule is that you have to maintain your flow without interruptions
- The third rule is that, in the full-body version, you have to alternate upper and lower limbs but avoid to be repetitive
- In the beginning, you simply have to touch or lean on the poles
- Let your body flow: try to be naturally unpredictable
- Learn when to push, lean, hit, slide…
- Learn to manage even what you don’t see
- Imagine to face real opponents
- Avoid excessive symmetries / repetitions
- Learn to draw a mental map of the scenario
- The goal is to improve speed, power and precision… each day
- Move dynamically, experiment with distances and strokes
- Concatenate the blows into sequences and use the muscle chain
- Work on different heights
- Learn to measure distances instinctively and precisely
- Combine conditioning, precision and strength dosage
- Alternate between slow and fast flow but avoid the intermediate one
- Work on building an unconsciously broken pace
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about this and the other most important exercises of 6 Dragon Kung Fu
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – All the core combat techniques of our free-hand combat system
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- Can you manage the connections with a solid surface?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].