A 4-hours session (high intensity)
An example of an advanced daily training session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (4 hours, individual, including some special / specific tools and exercises):
- 10 minutes of fast running (explosive power, maximum speed, short distance, round trip, read 5 running exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 10 minutes of power stretching (gradually, starting from static, dynamic and then power, read How to correctly perform stretching)
- 10 minutes of fighting against 8 poles, upper limbs only (1m from each other, free disposition, read Basic tools: the pole)
- 10 minutes of fighting against 8 poles, lower limbs only (free disposition)
- 10 minutes of fighting against 8 poles, upper and lower limbs (free disposition)
- 10 minutes of revision of nunchaku drills (read Starting with the Nunchaku)
- 10 minutes of free flying kicks (from standing position, start reading How to kick (simple explanation))
- 10 minutes of speed training with the wooden dummy and a moving disturbing target (the whole body, read 6DKF’s speed training with the wooden dummy)
- 30 minutes of throwing knives and dynamic recover (immediate launch, run, somersault and recovery, start reading An exercise to learn to throw darts)
- 10 minutes of combinations of free blows (shadow boxing, whole body)
- 60 minutes of projections and ground fighting with the projection dummy (medium weight)
- Power stretching is extremely dangerous if we have not reached an advanced level of flexibility (or if we are not so young)
- Let’s do not forget that we can replace some of the involved training tools with hand made or low-cost versions (let’s use creativity and inventiveness, read for example A Wing Chun wooden dummy like in PVC)
Remember this is not a training for a novice, nor an intermediate it is dangerous and it requires an extremely high effort (read also Intensity of training: depends on what?).
Even this time we’ve included some specific tools (the projection dummy, the poles, etc.) and some more particular exercises (power stretching, nunchaku combat forms, etc.), not worry, we will see everything with specific articles.
Author: Master Kongling
Founder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.