A 4-hours session (high intensity)
An example of an advanced daily training session of 6 Dragons Kung Fu (4 hours, individual, including some special / specific tools and exercises):
- 10 minutes of tension and relaxation of all the muscles of the body (tension – complete release, tension – complete release, etc. with Qi flowing if possible, read The use of Qi in the 6DKF’s meaning)
- 10 minutes training with the Octagon, arms, and legs (read Accuracy: practices with x, y and z axes)
- 30 minutes of free fighting with 2 small moving targets (tennis ball or baseball, hanging on an elastic ropes cords, read Basic tools: the Hanging Speedball)
- 10 minutes of running and throwing of a heavy bag (ideally of 40-50kg, we can also use a boxing bag)
- 10 minutes of crawling on the ground silently (read 5 ground crawling exercises ideal for beginners / warm-up)
- 30 minutes of throwing darts with recovery (launch – fast recovery – launch – fast recovery, possibly including rolls, somersaults, etc.)
- 10 minutes of running and flying kicks with 2 small moving targets (tennis ball or baseball, hanging on an elastic ropes cords)
- 10 minutes of aggressive jumps on a target positioned on the ground (against a dummy, a boxing bag or carefully against a partner)
- 10 minutes of breaking techniques of rigid or semi-rigid objects (small resistance, the idea is to gain the movement, not to overcome a record)
- 10 minutes of fast changes of direction of movement (with continuous alteration of the rhythm / pace and simulated attacks, stand still, running, walking, jumping, etc.)
- 10 minutes of weight lifting (for wrists and ankles, for example, we can use a kettlebell and a “T” weight read The “T” weight: an exercise to master weapons)
- 10 minutes of conditioning to attack with fingers (various exercises and techniques, to start read How to train your fingers: 4 exercises)
- 10 minutes of free flying knee attacks (in all the possible directions and with various rotations / loadings)
- 10 minutes of combined sequences of punches (to start read How to punch (simple explanation))
- 30 minutes of revision techniques with the Kusarigama (to start read Stance and basic rotations of the rope)
- 30 minutes of revision techniques with the Ninjato (to start read At the base of each weapon: the short stick and The basics of short sticks: base strokes and stance)
Note – This article has been asked by one of our Core Course practitioners on Patreon (see how to attend our home study classes here Learn Kung Fu online: a beginner-to-expert course).
- The moving targets should not be forcibly hung in 5 different elastic cords (eg. from 1 to 3 attached to the same rope)
- Obviously, all the weapons involved must not be sharp (or must be securely covered)
- If we are not more than skilled practitioners (minimum 2 years of daily training) we cannot use heavy / real / unprotected weapons (especially if flexibles)
Remember this is not a training for a novice, nor an intermediate it is dangerous and it requires an extremely high effort.
Even this time we’ve included some specific tools (the darts, the Kusarigama, etc.) and some more particular exercises (breakings, etc.), do not worry, we will see everything with specific articles.
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].