Combat training (from beginner to expert level)
An execution example of 32 trapping drills
In this video (connected to Trapping: 4 EASY to LEARN Techniques (video)), we show 32 practical examples of training drills for trapping (in the particular case, Master Kongling uses the 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s wooden dummy, read The 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s wooden dummy).
The focus of this training is to manage the interactions with the opponent at a middle or short distance (read Ideal distance from the opponent during a fight) and it promotes: spatial intelligence, coordination, precision, conditioning, body states, flow quality and much more.
A note by Master Kongling – It is important to stress that the method of execution demonstrated in the video (speed, level of impact, etc.) is not the one of real combat.
- This is not Wing Chun and our wooden dummy is slightly different (read also The Wing Chun dummy)
- 6 Dragons Kung Fu, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun (etc.) have different mechanics
- These are only examples, to correctly execute and understand them we need (at least) basic knowledge of 6 Dragons Kung Fu’s body states (read 6DKF’s interactions: from the strong blow to the light touch)
- Let’s hit with the palm if we are not conditioned (or use the protections, to hit a gnarled wood we need a lot of conditioning, read Conditioning check for the impact)
- All these drills have been studied to improve upper limbs mobility; alternating left and right sides, let’s repeat each drill 100 times (eg. 1 per day)
- The drills are divided by level (beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert); the expert level drills are divided into 2 groups
- Some of the drills may appear the same but they are not, let’s focus on the small details
- Let’s remember that drills are not techniques, they are made to educate the muscle memory (read The muscle memory), let’s focus on manual skills (the drills by themselves are just “games”)
In-depth courses and guides
- Basic 6 Dragons Kung Fu Exercises – A video course about this and the other most important exercises of 6 Dragon Kung Fu
- Basic free hand fighting techniques – All the core combat techniques of our free-hand combat system
- Trapping – What trapping is and how it works in martial arts terms
- A scheme to quickly learn any kind of technique – How to interiorize any kind of combat technique
Reply in the comments and share your experience:
- What are the differences between the various levels of difficulty shown?
Author: Master KonglingFounder of 6 Dragons Kung Fu.
How to master 6 Dragons Kung Fu?
Are you searching for:
- Daily training exercises?
- Synthetic theory and concepts?
- A step by step path from white to black belt?
- A path (clear, consequential and gradual) designed to build real martial skills?
- A direct contact with Master Kongling?
Go to our Patreon page and choose a training plan: starting from the Practitioner level, you will gain access to all this and much more.
Inside each Premium Lesson, you will receive the same teaching (practices, tips, concepts, small secrets and corrections) reserved to the live students of Master Kongling.
Important - Once a certain number of registrations are reached, no other participants can be accepted. For more information write to: [email protected].